Lightning Arrow, what adds shock?

will the passives on the ranger side of the tree that says "15% increased critical strike chanse with bows" add to the shock chanse of Lightning arrow?

or what do i have to do to get more shock chanse.
no one knows? what the..
When you crit with lightning damage shock is ofcouse, applied. With skill gems such as lightning arrow or for example dual strike the skill itself has no inherent crit chance because the crit chance is taken from the weapon that you are currently using the skill with. So in short yes, increased crit chance with bows increases your crit chance with lightning arrow.
"if u point out my narcissism 1 more time i ll report ur ass.
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

Path of Exile community in a nutshell.
Added lightning gem also adds shock.
Conductivity curse also adds 10% chance to shock.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
You can get 20% from 2 passive skills, 10% from a 20% quality added lightning linked with LA(requires 6 link since there is other important stuff that needs to be linked with LA first) and as mentioned above 10% from the curse.

Crits add natural shock stacks but if you plan to be playing Hardcore you don't want to crit so you don't kill yourself on Elemental Reflect mobs. THat's the reason most ppl take Resolute Technique(and as a bonus they can't miss so Accuracy is not important).
"
Gimdir wrote:
You can get 20% from 2 passive skills, 10% from a 20% quality added lightning linked with LA(requires 6 link since there is other important stuff that needs to be linked with LA first) and as mentioned above 10% from the curse.

Crits add natural shock stacks but if you plan to be playing Hardcore you don't want to crit so you don't kill yourself on Elemental Reflect mobs. THat's the reason most ppl take Resolute Technique(and as a bonus they can't miss so Accuracy is not important).

What's the other passive skill (other than Static Blows - 10%)? Where's that extra 10% hiding?

EDIT: Also, according to the wiki, quality Added Lightning Damage only increased duration of shock, not chance of shock.

"
Each percentage of quality adds +1% Shock duration on enemies.
Last edited by maxwolfie on Feb 3, 2013, 7:10:04 PM
so with the 20% chanse to sock from the tree, you dont need any crit?
i think there is another 5% chanse to shock in the tree, so with Conductivity thats 35+ chanse to shock.

With chains this would shock fairly often in groups, so i dont really need any crit chanse?

another question is what kind of armor are LA templars using ? armor+energy evasion+energy?
some of the nods gives % armor. so im not sure what is the best here.

since eltrith battery gives me mana, but do you just use if for the Energyshield aura?
"
Rumshot wrote:
i think there is another 5% chanse to shock in the tree, so with Conductivity thats 35+ chanse to shock.

With chains this would shock fairly often in groups, so i dont really need any crit chanse?

another question is what kind of armor are LA templars using ? armor+energy evasion+energy?

since eltrith battery gives me mana, but do you just use if for the Energyshield aura?

Since there are quiete a few "armor + es" nodes around the Templar tree, I'd prefer this combination. Im using RTechnique aswell, so no need for a lot of dex since I dont need any accuracy - and not much dex = lesser evasion. Which makes armor more likely your main defensive stat after live! But focus on life first!

Later you will easily find items with +150 or more ES, which gives you a lot of mana when you get Eldritch Battery. Try to run an armor aura then, to make it even more effective.

As I understood, LA alone has no chance to shock anymore in OB. Right? So there're just 23% from passives + 10% from conductivity + 10% from lightning gem.

43% should be enouth tho, considering that you use Chain/Fork etc.
"
DJSRP wrote:
"
Rumshot wrote:

Since there are quiete a few "armor + es" nodes around the Templar tree, I'd prefer this combination. Im using RTechnique aswell, so no need for a lot of dex since I dont need any accuracy - and not much dex = lesser evasion. Which makes armor more likely your main defensive stat after live! But focus on life first!

Later you will easily find items with +150 or more ES, which gives you a lot of mana when you get Eldritch Battery. Try to run an armor aura then, to make it even more effective.

As I understood, LA alone has no chance to shock anymore in OB. Right? So there're just 23% from passives + 10% from conductivity + 10% from lightning gem.

43% should be enouth tho, considering that you use Chain/Fork etc.

Lighting gem? witch one are you talking about? "lightning gem" cant se anyone giving chanse to shock.
Quality "Added Lightning Damage" support gem adds chance to shock.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Feb 4, 2013, 5:54:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info