Vaal Grace

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:28:28 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:28:42 PM
You can't trigger any Aura's with a Cast When Stunned gem, which makes sense, but it would be cool to have Vaal Grace on a Cast When Stunned trigger.

I am level 85 Shadow melee Cast on Crit build. (Frenzy-Multistrike-CoCS-Ice Nova-Glacial Cascade-Arctic Breath in a Carcass Jack)

For defense my gear gives me mostly evasion, but its not that much. I mainly rely on Surgeon's Granite and Surgeon's Jade flasks to stay alive. In order to keep them full I have to aggressively move from pack to pack incessantly killing. Stopping to cast spells takes time so I generally don't curse or use anything but my main attack.

Because of this I'm a big fan of the Cast on Damage Taken and Cast when Stunned gems. I have a low level Immortal Call linked with a low level CoDT, and I have a high level Enduring Cry linked with a CwS. (I also have a Vaal Summon Skeletons linked to my CwS to create a minion shield of distraction around me when I get swarmed by a melee pack).

I would like to add Vaal Grace to my CwS so it would automatically go off when I get stunned (which is only when I'm swarmed) and give me extra defense in those critical moments.

But because it's classified as an Aura, it will not work. Due to it not being permanent like all other auras I think it should not fall under the same restriction.
It makes sense that you wouldn't want your regular Auras turning on and off when you get stunned, but it would make many loads of sense to allow this set duration defense skill to be cast when stunned; even if you do have to charge it up first.

Last edited by Chalkle on Jun 13, 2014, 9:11:36 PM
I think with the cap that you guys have implemented it makes leveling this skill pretty lackluster. 40 to 50% for anyone that doesn't already have dodge as a passive really doesn't make that much of a difference. For those of us who use dodge and spell dodge its even more pointless to level this gem because we overcap at 75 at level 1. I would like to see it have a flat value for dodge chance and have the duration increase as it levels up. You could reduce the starting duration to 3 seconds and have it scale up to 6.5 seconds or more at lvl20. The flat value of dodge/spell dodge could be set at like 45/40 respectively.
This gem paired with Inner focus passive, the aura talents on upper left of the tree, and a quality Increased Duration gem gives it 73/72% dodge and almost 7 second duration at level 17 gem, I think it is an amazing panic button for my Invasion Righteous Fire build.
Great skill for a summoner as it also protects minions vs heavy damage.
The duration buff was just what the skill needed.

It's a permanent skill on my summoner now.

I am uncertain if Vaal Grace is supposed to be able to be autocasted with CWDT, it's marked as a spell in the description... Can we get this clarified by any chance?
Vaal Gems cannot be Triggered.
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160163
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info