Perandus Signet

BEFORE I post a bug report, I would love some more player feedback on this ring.

So, fellow Perandus Signet users:
Does it seem to you that the increase in Wisdom Scrolls is WAY MORE than 3%?

I get so many that even identifying every single blue and yellow item that falls, I soon accumulate several hundred scrolls.

I even sold some for a few chaos!

Now I'm not one to complain about free stuff, but if enough people concur, we might have a bug here.

Maybe it's coded as "Increases drops by 103%" instead of 3%

IGN: Kulde
It's not "enemies drop 3% more wisdom scrolls", it's "enemies have an additional 3% chance to drop a wisdom scroll". As in, every mob you kill has a flat 3% chance to drop a scroll, in addition to its usual drops. So yeah, you get loads of scrolls.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
It's not "enemies drop 3% more wisdom scrolls", it's "enemies have an additional 3% chance to drop a wisdom scroll". As in, every mob you kill has a flat 3% chance to drop a scroll, in addition to its usual drops. So yeah, you get loads of scrolls.

Aah, that makes more sense, thanks!
IGN: Kulde
Is there any chance the scrolls of wisdom are taking the place of other drops? Maybe it's my paranoia, but I have an increasingly strong feeling I'm getting less currency orbs by a decent chunk......

If scrolls of wisdom are like, final loot roll of a mob drop, then no issue, but if they override.... hmmm

mob dies:

loot roll checks for uni, fails
checks for rare, fails
checks for blue, fails
checks for white, fails
checks for orbs, fails
checks for scrolls, ring kicks in?

that's fantastic if it works this way (I have NO idea)...

if it front loads the wisdom scroll check, and it's taking the place of other drops before it checks for them... :(((((

does anyone know?
Leveling with 2x Perandus Signet = shitload of scrolls.
"
savantidiot wrote:
Is there any chance the scrolls of wisdom are taking the place of other drops? Maybe it's my paranoia, but I have an increasingly strong feeling I'm getting less currency orbs by a decent chunk......

If scrolls of wisdom are like, final loot roll of a mob drop, then no issue, but if they override.... hmmm

mob dies:

loot roll checks for uni, fails
checks for rare, fails
checks for blue, fails
checks for white, fails
checks for orbs, fails
checks for scrolls, ring kicks in?

that's fantastic if it works this way (I have NO idea)...

if it front loads the wisdom scroll check, and it's taking the place of other drops before it checks for them... :(((((

does anyone know?

I was searching google for this!

Been using like 5-6 Perandus Signet or different chars and even had a low-hp char with +-200 IIR and 20 IIQ and I almost found no rares and no uniques leveling from 0-56 with perandus.

I suspect that the scrolls drop instead of other items..
"
Jeeh wrote:

Been using like 5-6 Perandus Signet or different chars and even had a low-hp char with +-200 IIR and 20 IIQ and I almost found no rares and no uniques leveling from 0-56 with perandus.

The ring gives a 3% chance for a Wisdom Scroll to drop from a monster in addition to any items the monster would have dropped anyway. It doesn't replace any drops.
Last edited by Ellie_GGG on Mar 31, 2014, 5:23:30 AM
"
"
Jeeh wrote:

The ring gives a 3% chance for a Wisdom Scroll to drop from a monster in addition to any items the monster would have dropped anyway. It doesn't replace any drops.

Good to know.

I have the feeling this could've turned into one of those pervasive myths that blight people's minds without your post.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info