Error: Could not find any compatible direct3D devices!

When I open the .exe I get a brief glimpse of the patcher than a black screen and the message (Could not find any compatible direct3D devices) when I hit "OK" it gives me another Message (DUXT createdevice failed) they the game stays black till it crashes.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 6950 video card and 6 months ago I had a Nvidia. I got rid of it and got all the software so I don't think it would be the problem.

Now I did some homework and I have tried deleting the (production_config.ini) and retried and that didn't work. I made sure my drivers where up to date and my card supports everything it needs to run the game. I also made sure windows was updated, I tried cleaning up my comp with ccleaner, and I made sure that I have direct x9. I re-installed after all of that and it still giving me the same error? My brother with the same video card gave me this display settings in (production_config.ini) to see if I could just past (adapter_name=AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (#0)) but that also didn't work.

Solved: I re-installed my video drivers completely and it fix it!
Last edited by Laoge_Golfith on Jan 26, 2013, 2:45:08 PM
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2016, 1:33:28 AM
Absolutely same problem here on my old PC:

Win XP SP3
i5 750 2.67GHz
2.99 GB RAM
Radeon HD 6670 (DriectX 9.29)

Treiber-Paketversion 9.00.100.2-121129a1-154613C-ATI
Catalyst™-Version 13.1
Anbieter AMD.
2D-Treiberversion 6.14.10.7279
2D-Treiberpfad System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{AC011055-4258-41FA-B9B1-33A2BD71EB4E}/0000
Direct3D-Version 6.14.10.0939
OpenGL-Version 6.14.10.11927
Catalyst™ Control Center-Version 2012.1129.1016.18318
AIW/VIVO WDM-Treiberversion 6.14.10.6238
AIW/VIVO WDM-SP-Treiberversion 6.14.10.6238
AIW/VIVO WDM-NSP-Treiberversion 6.14.10.6300
Do you have 2 video cards? One being an integrated card on the motherboard, and the other being a dedicated card?

If so, sometimes PoE gets confused by those and attempts to use the integrated card rather than the dedicated card.

Edit: This thread talks about the issues and resolutions slightly I believe.
Last edited by Drakier on Apr 12, 2013, 3:08:10 PM
No, I only have 1 video card and no integrated card on my motheroard.
That's very strange, because that card should easily support Shade Model 3.0 which is what the game requires..

Do you have the latest drivers installed for it?

Also, have you tried running the dxsetup.exe that is in the PoE folder again and see if that fixes anything?

Are you sure your errors are the exact same as the ones posted in the original post?
> That's very strange, because that card should easily support Shade Model 3.0 which is what the game requires..

Very strange is what I think, too. ^^"

> Do you have the latest drivers installed for it?

I think so.

> Also, have you tried running the dxsetup.exe that is in the PoE folder again and see if that fixes anything?

I tried, but nothing change.

> Are you sure your errors are the exact same as the ones posted in the original post?

Yes
Could not find any compatible direct3D devices
DUXTCreatedevice failed
Same problem here...
Hey i have the same problem this morning everything was fine but now this error occured. i did no update whatsoever.
But i do have this onboard graphics from the intel i7 which might cause the problem but how do i solve it???

EDIT: Ok i just deleted this new intel graphics driver and it works again :-), but still this shouldnt be the solution....
Last edited by IamWithThePro on Sep 3, 2014, 11:35:10 AM
I have the same problem, i cant solve this by myself and i tried everything that i could do
I'm not Brazilian.
i've found something very strange, it seems that i cant use my GT 750M video card, my PoE is using another V.card (Intel(R) HD Graphics Family), what do i do?? i want to play with my original Card =(
I'm not Brazilian.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info