5.1 sound broken

Hello,

I finished updating my client few minutes ago and when I entered the game, I noticed that all the sounds are played only from the front left speaker. That wasnt happening prior to the open beta patch. I have currently ASUS Xonar DX/XD, running Windows 7 x64. All other applications/games have proper sound.

Thanks for answer
Last edited by Icydead on Jan 23, 2013, 6:35:32 PM
Last bumped on May 9, 2017, 12:27:28 PM
Just to confirm you mentioned "prior to the open beta patch" You played on a open weekend and didn't have this problem?

There have been a few reports that the game doesn't work well with 5.1/7.1 sound. Try running the system just as stereo for a temp fix.
The audio guy.
No, I have access to beta for about a month and half, and the sound was working fine all the time.

// Its running fine again, it was some weird bug on my end, which I didnt know about until I switched to stereo. Thanks for your help
Last edited by Icydead on Jan 23, 2013, 6:57:03 PM
i'm having a similar issue, my 5.1 speakers are working fine with every other program, but when i launch PoE half the sounds seem to be missing and i have to connect my speakers through as headphones to get the sounds back. How can this b e fixed so i dont have to do that?
"
Antistes wrote:
i'm having a similar issue, my 5.1 speakers are working fine with every other program, but when i launch PoE half the sounds seem to be missing and i have to connect my speakers through as headphones to get the sounds back. How can this b e fixed so i dont have to do that?

Set soundcard to operate in Stereo mode... both because the game doesn't work too well with surround sound systems and also because it is just far easier to do.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
"
Antistes wrote:

Set soundcard to operate in Stereo mode... both because the game doesn't work too well with surround sound systems and also because it is just far easier to do.

well i'd prefer if this issue was fixed tbh
The game just doesn't support 5.1 or 7.1

Its something we will probably add somewhere down the line.
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
The game just doesn't support 5.1 or 7.1

Its something we will probably add somewhere down the line.

can you make an option to force stereo in the meantime? or would that be too complicated?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info