Barrage

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 9, 2024, 1:41:42 PM
1st
not sure, but it seems really bad, u actually deal less dmg than normal attack...
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
I was very exited when I first read that there will be a new wand skil, since I was hoping for one for a long time.

However my first impression is rather bad. I don't really see how I should/could use this one.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Am also very disappointed with it, trying every way possible to make it worth taking space in my set but it just isn't working. Putting it in totem + mine and going duo totem build might be cool, but i doubt it since its physical dmg and higher you go worst it gets.
Ingame: BrankoKockica
i rolled marauder : resolute technique, blood magic, iron grip, quickness, then up and over to ranger bow nodes. Add LMP and faster proj, and maybe pierce. I'm satisfied. barrage is best as a single target attack i think.
I'm also disapointed about this skill gem :|

It's good so far and all... but it has a few thinks that I really don't like and from my point of view it makes the gem quite useless compared to other skill gems.

1 - the time between uses is taking too long ... a frenzy is far more better than barrage at this point...
2 - mana cost is quite high :| ....

I suggest to change it a bit in making mana cost per second and build-up skill like incineration.

The more you hold down the button the faster you attack... more arrows fires each second ... but with a wider area of spread.

Also the concentrated area of efect support gem should reduce the spread area of barrage if linked to it ...

Regards, Infinity !!!
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Well, i think the skill has to be seriousely reworked. It deals only 40% of damage considering:

1. The delays between attacks.
2. The lack of mobility (the char can't move while attacking).

Those 2 aspects reduces survivability seriousely.

3. Scatter when shooting that decreases the real dps and damage effectiveness.

So you should at least increase the damage output of the skill. Or invrease the AOE of the skill if it was planned as a non-single target ability. Sorry for mentioning but I think the best example how it should work is Demon Hunter's Rapid fire skill in D3.
Thanks.
Last edited by _TaZaR_ on Dec 12, 2013, 3:21:06 AM
So far, trying to use it on my level 40 ranger (some crit, some phys damage) Frenzy is just FAR better. It both does more damage and leaves me with frenzy charges afterwards, which help my AoE skill. If there's any use for it, it's probably in Cast on Crit, and I thought this skill was supposed to be a mainline skill like Spectral Throw (based on a comment I seem to remember from a week or two ago). It certainly doesn't feel anything like ST felt when I first started using it. I don't plan on trying anything more with it, it just seems like it's neither a good single target skill nor a good group skill. At best, it might be used in a build that already had Point Blank, but I'm not convinced Frenzy wouldn't still outperform it there.
It's probably the strongest skill I've used on my Chin Sol/Point Blank Ranger.
The damage is quite nice in melee range, and most Bosses/Rares don't ever get close to me due to Knockback. I tried that with map Hillock and Brutus, poor guys hardly ever had a chance to attack me.
Feels very powerful, probably a bit too powerful with Knockback.

Edit: Here's the gem.
+4% inc Physical Damage each level up.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Last edited by Delirii on Dec 16, 2013, 7:00:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info