Kripp's idea for PvP

Kripp's idea is for the PvP in Diablo 3, here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc94kjyuaSU

So basically, his idea is about betting system and I think its amazing and Chris Wilson shall talk with Kripp and discuss this.

I have amazing unique put in the PvP bets and wait for someone to offer me a item that I want and we fight for them, amazing isnt it? It will be alot fun and players will enjoy it for long time, not only try pvp and stop.

I really look forward in pvp in PoE and this idea is the best so far. :)

Have fun playing PoE...

Edit: I'm sorry that i didint put it in the suggestions forum, too late
IGN - maximalniq
Last edited by maximalniq on Dec 28, 2012, 8:49:53 AM
So basically your saying; Implement some sort of staking?

A staking screen pops up before the fight similar to a trading one, Both fighters put there items in. Then afterwards the winner of the fight receives the opponents items a long with what the winner bet?
#1 Map Avoider EU. Played since Closed Beta.

Yes :)
IGN - maximalniq
How about we make a pvp system that is accessible for (most) builds, rather then being easily dominated by two, then talk about integrating minigame-esque things
Or, look at the first page in this thread, and see this has already been suggested some time ago
Wait, I didn't know this was Kripp's idea since people have been doing this since D2 PvP :\
Last edited by Conduitx on Dec 28, 2012, 7:21:30 PM
Runescape had an awesome staking system/community - before that game got nerfed into oblivion. I for one would like to see a staking system in PoE.
This is a good idea.Back in the day (about 5 years ago) when i was playing runescape,the only reason why i kept playing the game as the staking.There are just some things that keeps people playing the game and staking is 100% one of these things.
I wasn't aware Kripparrian came up with the idea of a bet. All hail Kim Jong-Kripp, irrefutable master of PoE since he stopped getting enough add revenue from Diablo 3/WoW videos alone and swung his entire fanbase onto this game.

It's a good mechanic and I would definitely appreciate it. Back in the glory days of RuneScape (now a disgusting mess) people would bet all the time and make specific characters for it - it was well implemented with proper options (no healing items, no item changing, no movement, no magic, no melee, no ranged are all just examples of things available).

Definitely a thing I'm interested in but I seriously wish people would stop hailing to Kripp like he's some god amongst mortals. Much as he has done good for this game in terms of advertising he's pretentious at best and terribly ill-informed at worst.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info