Open world PVP

If any of you have ever played Runescape.

There are PVE zones/maps and there are PVP zones/maps which yields better rewards like mining nodes, stronger monsters with good drops/exp.

This is like a high risk/high reward deal.

I believe this will fit in well with how the game says that "loot should be competitive and first person who gets it, it's theirs" concept.

If you get killed by someone in PVP in these PVP zones, there can be a 5-10% chance they drop something from their inventory/equipment. 5% isn't that much considering you have a full inventory full of random items and there is a 5% chance you'll drop a town portal scroll.
Good
This sounds absolutely awesome, indeed in any game for them to be interesting to hardcore gamers there needs to be a risk reward thing. Otherwise it will be too much like Blizzards care bear games these days.
This is an example of idea, that is just posted, before giving it at least 15s of thinking. So let me tell you, in what would this evolve in like 30s after such area was opened.

As there would be 5-10% chance to drop item from player, no1 would give a shit about monsters/bosses etc. There would be a group of high level players guarding entering point to this location, killing any1 who dares to enter. According to number of players, that will participate in OB i would say, that group that takes over this enterance, would farm so high in 1 hour, that it would be imposible to ever catch up.

Lets say the spawn would be random across the map. Well in that case it would suck terribly, as u could spawn right infront of the boss and die, or better, in enemy group and dropp your 6L armor. What a great way to start a day.

Now there is only one way, this could work, and it would be kinda implementation of WOWlike arenas, where players would fight in 2 groups and there would be mobs as well fo the dropp. In that case, go play WOW or D3, this game took the best path to became something more, that 99.99% of RPGs launched nowadays.

U misstook the concept of PoE. I played UltimaOnline a lot, it is an ancient MMORPG with openworld fulldropp PvP, and yeah it has it's magic. But PoE is instancebased RPG and thus no such idea as area with openWorld PvP can take any place.
great..
Or you can have a couple instances/areas dedicated to have PvP, kind of like Runescapes wilderness.
or if you were to play a ranger/survivalist class you might equip all white gear and spend your time avoiding enemies by having faster speed and trying to be an oppurtunist. maybe run in and grab all the boss loot before portalling out or maybe just kiting them so they cant try to attack any boss or they will get bear trapped in front of the boss :D

you could gain full benifit of the area without actually being a strong pvp killer maybe you are just sneaky :D

besides you gotta decide if you are gonna wear combat gear or mf gear ect. pvp gems or pve gems?

maybe you can just flood your inv with scrolls so you are likely to drop crap but you have less room to pick shiz up

maybe you cna just mass conversion trap everything!!! :D
IGN- Isiander
Last edited by myr on Jan 4, 2013, 3:02:31 AM
I personally like this idea.This will increase the fun aspect of PvP even more and will be a big contribute to the hardcore gamers.If you have played runescape before,you know how retardedly boring clan wars (or whatever they were called) were,you just go in and kill stuff for "fun".It gets boring.Having that 5% to 10% chance would make a big deal.
But please,do not do the same mistake runescape did by making all items dropping when you die,this will make people never go pvp with theyr best items and therefore making game one-sided (everyone using same armour that has decent stats).
For this to work, it would need to be as wow arena => instance is created when players enter(all at once - so one1 gets killed before his screen loads) and u still have a problem with positions where players spawn etc. Doing it arena-like, is the only solution. U cant have openWorld PvP instance in InstanceBased MMORPG! Go play some old chronicle in Lineage II(C2 or so) where there is a chance to drop something in PvP(if u have karma) or in PvE... this idea has no way to work, do you really need some1 from GGG to type u that?
Your idea is like a Cutthroat league, except with lower drops. This will totally be implemented, don't forget we will be able to create customs leagues where this kind of feature could be tweaked. As of directly implemented to default league, I strongly disagree with that. Default is meant to be static, so drops shouldnt occur in this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info