When Open Beta comes will there be a Open PvP League?

In MMORPGs, there are PVE servers and PVP servers.
I would like to see 5 leagues as standard leagues for Open Beta Default League (PVE), Default League (PVP), Hardcore League (PVE), Hardcore League (PVP), Cut Throat League.

And people can use micro-transactions for custom leagues.

I, myself, personally have always played MMORPGs like WoW on a PVP server, because there is an option if you want to PvP in open world. I would roll on Cut Throat League or Default League (PVP).
"
appetite wrote:
In MMORPGs, there are PVE servers and PVP servers.
I would like to see 5 leagues as standard leagues for Open Beta Default League (PVE), Default League (PVP), Hardcore League (PVE), Hardcore League (PVP), Cut Throat League.

And people can use micro-transactions for custom leagues.

I, myself, personally have always played MMORPGs like WoW on a PVP server, because there is an option if you want to PvP in open world. I would roll on Cut Throat League or Default League (PVP).

So far they are only keeping it simple and have only 4 leagues so far with one being in the process of making the cut

Default, Hardcore, HC Races, and Cut Throat (Being Considered).

A Default PvP would just be normal Cut Throat and Hardcore Cut Throat would just be empty all the time due to all the world PvP going on and people dying in Act 1...it would be very unbalanced to hell.
Cut throat would be nice but there should be changes on how cut throat works.

For example TP and WP should have a 2-5 second delay and high level characters can't go to a zone where a low level is leveling. So no level 50 killing level 10s
For PvP works decently I think still need alot of work on it...

The main ideas here are for PvP Server
======================================

1) For a PvP Server.
Really need sort out how the instances gonna be.
1 Unique Instance Map for all, with current fast respawn.
Will exist 3 or 5 channels, so still give a chance to people keep farming abit some areas too.

Areas as starting Act1, at least till LEDGE dont allows PvP.
So people can level abit and prepare yourselves for whats coming up.

Implement a cap of 5 lvs between maps after LEDGE, to prevent high Lv harassing low levels. If a High Lv come to low level map, and has a different permited cap-Lv...
This laws will apply on them:

a) for every 5 lvs above the map cap, the Higher Lv get a -10% HP/ES Debuff (this is to dont encourage bullying)
E.G. Lv 50 comes to level 18 map, this map cap should be lv 15-20, since hes 30 lvs ahead of cap, gets -60% HP/ES Debuff.

b) Getting killed at this map, would cause a major exp loss.
Every 5 lvs above the cap will be like -5% Exp, so that guy with 30lvs above cap, if get killed would lose -30% exp.
Lets say the High Lv is 6 Lvs ahead of map cap, so he get -10% exp penalty if killed there.
(to prevent abuse of lowering exp to minimize penalty, should implement negative exp, or even a de-level).

P.S:. De-level will result in major drawback, because if the equip he/she wearing dont meet the requiments, cant equip too.

=========================================================================

The concept of Server PvP must be very well designed to avoid bullying.
So its necessary divide maps per tier-level cap.

So if the person still wanna bully the lower lvs, he/she should accept the big drawbacks too.

To be a nice fairplay, must give a chance to the opponent fight back, thats why I thought on this. Its non-sense if you keep getting killed over and over w/o any chance to fight toward the high-lvs.

(I´ve seen alot of MMORPGS that allow that, and was really annoying.
Sure some will say get used to it, but if you really want the PvP server to prosper might think about it, balance and fairness so it will attract alot of players too, if nothing its done will just be a dominance by who hardcore leveled 1st and the server wont have a growing pop).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Arena
Seriously the arena need a total remake... (the spawning for each sides should be at each opposite of corner, at youtube seens that they spawn pretty closer, am I wrong?)

People must hate WoW/Warhammer Online Arenas and others MMORPGS with same concept, but I think it should exist something like those arenas here. Delete the 1v1 arena its pointless.
Make team arena!

This could lead to 3 ways of fun:

- 1st team Vs team (3v3 and 5v5)
The team that scores most points at given time wins...
(If you die, you get a counter to be enable respawning at base)
Benefits: Pvp Coins

- 2nd Team Vs Team (survival mode - 3v3 and 5v5)
The team that scores most points at given time wins...
Plus at some part of maps (both sides) will spawn special mobs that can give special Buffs, when killed.
The concept here will be something like LoL, your team pick a class
Everyone starts at Lv.1, and while killing mobs and leveling go fighting for map dominance too, those who destroys the enemy Boss wins.
(If you die, you get a counter to be enable respawning at base)
Benefits: Pvp Coins + Currency stuff

- 3rd Team Survival
A team will enter a map, and will fight waves after waves of monsters, this gonna last till everyone dies, this can include even fighting a full spawn of bosses etc... (once dead, your RIP at this mode, till all your team dies too)
Benefits: Lots Currency stuff

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw for those arenas can include a new currency: PvP Coin
To buy special PvP armor/stuff, enchant stuff with shiny-glow (only cosmetic look), PvP Special Titles, etc.

For Non-PvP server, instead of Pvp coin, the prizes will be Currency stuff only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thats it, those are the initial ideas I thought about PoE PvP.
I know that lots of friends dont play this game 1st because of such lacking PvP stuff as other games already have, so might be really important to look into this, to fullfill every type of player attention too.

We know the graphics are just like D2, kinda old fashioned, so the game must shine with good content and stuff, to be able to call alot of people.

Have fun all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info