PVP in higher tier current status and in open beta question

Currently, I see that only crit casters are good in high tier PVP.

Will this be changed in Open Beta?

Is PVP not a huge focus in PoE?

What are some good high tier pvp classes/build?

From what I have been reading, they said high physical crit and Chaos Innoculation builds are the best.

That or Cold Crit Witches/Casters. WIth totems

Anyone know?
i have been hearing ci phys crit is best witch frost spear is best bear trap build is best muarader is best. so this is good i think :D
IGN- Isiander
Under the current mechanics, Righteous Fire is doing its full damage. Which is hilarious in PvP.

High regen (Mara or Duelist), is also VERY strong. Since your regen is not nerfed, but their dmg is. Just get max resists, and casters aren't really an issue.
Arguably, the BEST setup would likely involve phys, as it completely ignores armor, when you hit hard enough, like crits.

Casters are dangerous because they can attack from complete safety with totems, and if you get close, FP, which can shotgun and do tremendous damage, will rock your world.

While high HP+Regen will overtake CI after a point, most people will get more/better milage from whirling away for a CI reset.
There won't be THAT build.
There will be many items in inventory to swap to counter builds.

If you lose cause of stun lock you will use the onyx amulet.
If you see icespears you will use dream fragment etc.

"
Hilbert wrote:
There won't be THAT build.
There will be many items in inventory to swap to counter builds.

If you lose cause of stun lock you will use the onyx amulet.
If you see icespears you will use dream fragment etc.

There is already THAT build. Even ignoring slurms' broken RF toon. PvP is an increasingly specific numbers game, and pvp is already broken down to two seperate builds which can compete. No other builds can reliably and easily compete with the two.
I play HC so I don't know what you mean because there aren't that many good items there besides techniques great white claw but there are several copycats from default that try HC PVP. And yet I never had problems, damaging and keeping RF builds on distance or make crit dagger builds flicker away because of status ailments.

Considering pure DPS builds this game needs punishment gem back.
"
Hilbert wrote:
I play HC so I don't know what you mean because there aren't that many good items there besides techniques great white claw but there are several copycats from default that try HC PVP. And yet I never had problems, damaging and keeping RF builds on distance or make crit dagger builds flicker away because of status ailments.

Considering pure DPS builds this game needs punishment gem back.

Well the issue is quite intrinsic.

Physical crits are unmitigatable.

High Regen is a must (Either HP or ES)

Mobility is a necessity

Block is a necessity (And by extention, the -block chance for swords)

Meaning that the most effective build will be high physical, high regen and uses swords

The other build is a totemancer, which is less to do with the skills or items, but due to the fact that totems allow for kiting with no investment or commital.
lol totem builds.

I used my friends mara and converted totems with dominating blow because he uses an uncommon marabuild and the items aren't even good(which resulted in some deaths because he is made for PVM via endurance charges)
And I already fought 2 6 links.

The result were 4-7 totems and then the caster simply killed himself and his maras EQ isn't even strong.

I already PVP critshadows that copied invalescos build and had almost 400 dmg daggers on HC.
They got a strong offensive indeed but a weak defensive nothing some bear traps or minions with MI can't fix.

High level PVP is really just about countering builds by switching items and gems.

I got 1 shot through 9k hp and 45k+ armor by a crit ranger that was simply throwing bear traps everywhere.

Was 1 shot by a dagger-crit witch doing around 7k damage on crit through 22.5-45k armor.

Yea. Totally. Balanced.

Did I mention my archer had 9k hp?

(Edit: PS, this was before the last pvp formula was changed)
Last edited by EpsiIon on Dec 28, 2012, 3:29:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info