Hello guys am new :)

Hello guys, downloading Path of Exile as we speak, i have a quick question, i know the game is on beta stage, but according to your opinions which class you think is the most suitable for PvP? :)

Kind regards,

Paul
As stated in a multitude of other threads, the "needs" for open pvp are as follows: Shield, sword/dagger, CI/ES/High HP Regen, bear trap and crit damage nodes.

Why?

Block is the only ignored by two specific sword passives, viper strike and spells (However, you can get spell block)

Sword/Dagger (Of the phys variety, ideally) as swords can ignore block, and both can use viper strike, which is chaos damage that ignores block and can use whirling, which is a necessity in pvp.

CI/ES/High Hp Regen - Needed because running around in this game, via whirling, can effectively cause you to take little to no damage, easily long enough for ES to reset, or to regen a signifigant amount of hp.

Bear Trap is a flat physical damage trap, which, in combination with a high crit mod, can easily 1 shot almost anyone in the game that isn't using CI/ES

Crit damage nodes allow physical damage to exceed the opponents armor number, meaning phys damage, when critting, is basically irresistable.
Wait, Viper Strike ignores block?
"
ifarmpandas wrote:

The damage from the strike itself, does not, but the viper strike charge, which deals the chaos DoT, is applied regardless of blocked or not.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
ifarmpandas wrote:

The damage from the strike itself, does not, but the viper strike charge, which deals the chaos DoT, is applied regardless of blocked or not.

That's kinda dumb.

Also, I think Leap Slam is a better movement skill than Whirling Blades, as it doesn't have that stupidly long backswing animation.
Last edited by ifarmpandas on Dec 13, 2012, 4:24:26 PM
Leap can be hit mid leap, while whirl is rather instant. That and generally swords/daggers are better to leverage crits, then leap slam weaps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info