Why not have an FFA zone instead of arenas?

I really don't understand the direction pvp is going in this game. It's obviously unbalanced, everyone has different builds and abilities which can completely counter each other, everyone has different levels of items, the damage people are doing is completely RNG (hit/miss/block/crit/etc.) Yet we have balanced teams in an arena, as if pvp is supposed to be balanced.

Every time I've done pvp in the arena one side just completely demolishes the other, and in 1v1 it's more like rock paper scissors, or it's about gear. I don't think pvp will ever be about ''skill'' or anything, so why not just have an FFA zone where people can fight each other for fun? Just because pvp is unbalanced, doesn't mean it can't be fun.

I think pvp in d2 was pretty fun. Pvp was pretty much just ffa, but if one guy was too powerful everyone just joined in a party and ganged up on him. People balanced things on their own by making their own teams, 5v3, 1v7, 2v4. It was pretty fun.

3v3 or 1v1, I think there's a level of balance required for these things to be fun that this game will never have. Currently, it's pretty much impossible to do any pvp, no one wants to. It takes half an hour just to get 6 people to join the queue, and then half of them quit when they get one shot. It usually seems to me, if the teams were 1v5 or 2v4 it would be more interesting.

Just make a 12+ person ffa zone where people can join at any time and kill each other for fun. No rewards, no titles or anything. No implication of balance. Make it a medium sized zone and put some respawning level 60 mobs in there as environmental hazards or something, so people can build charges / refill flasks. They shouldn't give experience or loot when killed, or take away experience if they kill a player. The incentive to go into this zone should be to pvp, not to get rewards.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, arenas suck. Make pvp like it was in d2.
There will likely be zones at a later date, or the ability to duel on the spot or something. It's a must have in this genre. The reason why we don't have them is more likely due to this being a closed beta, meaning they want to TEST the stuff, mechanics wise, before moving onto more cosmetic stuff.

Quite frankly, this game is so utterly imbalanced in pvp, it would be a bit of a mockery to implement a zone pvp, when pvp as it is, is quite broken.
Open world PvP will come later, including full loot/perma death leagues dedicated to PvP.
I dont see how its imbalanced considering everyone starts on a even playing field and you yout self needs to figure out what skills items etc etc will work for u basically it isnt a cookie cutter game like the big MMO's so basically its all about the skills people want .
I want the cut throat ish to come back, all open world pvp, but have its own league like hardcore.
Steam:Gonejah
"
rammur65 wrote:
I dont see how its imbalanced considering everyone starts on a even playing field and you yout self needs to figure out what skills items etc etc will work for u basically it isnt a cookie cutter game like the big MMO's so basically its all about the skills people want .

PvP is heavily in favor of physical crit builds and melee in general. At least in open level pvp
I support a FFA zone.
This would allow player organized tournaments, with their own subset rules.
I am looking forward to the return of "melee dueling".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info