Failed to join any instances (Map)

played a lvl 74 map and died , no biggies until here but then ...

respawn in sarn -> wp back to Lab -> Failed to join instances -> tried 2 times -> worked -> tp's gone, multiple times altered map gone -> pissed

Anyway i don't think there is some real help to get here beside the usual "Ahhhw we're sorry and we're totally understand your frustration" phrases, so all i can say is please fix this game already.
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Oct 10, 2013, 9:26:41 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2016, 4:22:57 PM
Hi there,

There are a few different reasons why this can happen, most of which are related to the internet connection, firewall or anti-virus software on the machine running the game.

1. Packet Loss

This commonly occurs when playing over a wireless connection. Connecting via a wired connection often helps.

It may also happen as the result of internet connectivity issues. If it reoccurs, running a WinMTR can help you isolate the cause of the problem. Instructions for doing that can be found here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361292

Running a WinMTR report will show you if there are any hiccups along the route from your computer to our servers that might be causing the problem.

2. Overzealous Firewall or Antivirus

It's very common that a firewall or antivirus may block one of the ports that the game needs to access to create new instances. Based off what you're saying, I suspect this may be the case for you. I recommend that you add exceptions for the following ports to your firewall:

The outgoing TCP ports 12995, 20481, and 6112 need to be allowed with high priority, as the data on that port is latency sensitive.

3. Running on a Dormitory/Public Connection

If you're playing over one of these, please let me know - there are different instructions for fixing it as opposed to being on a personal computer.
No longer works at GGG
"
Hi there,

There are a few different reasons why this can happen, most of which are related to the internet connection, firewall or anti-virus software on the machine running the game.

1. Packet Loss

This commonly occurs when playing over a wireless connection. Connecting via a wired connection often helps.

It may also happen as the result of internet connectivity issues. If it reoccurs, running a WinMTR can help you isolate the cause of the problem. Instructions for doing that can be found here:

Running a WinMTR report will show you if there are any hiccups along the route from your computer to our servers that might be causing the problem.

It's very common that a firewall or antivirus may block one of the ports that the game needs to access to create new instances. Based off what you're saying, I suspect this may be the case for you. I recommend that you add exceptions for the following ports to your firewall:

The outgoing TCP ports 12995, 20481, and 6112 need to be allowed with high priority, as the data on that port is latency sensitive.

If you're playing over one of these, please let me know - there are different instructions for fixing it as opposed to being on a personal computer.

Lol strange how it happens after each and every server crash.

Also ive had it happen many times and its has nothing to do with our internet connections
you do know that we can check if there was a break in connectivity using basic windows loggs.

You will tell us to turn it on and off next lol.
Also firewalls either allow a port to be used or not they dont sometimes allow it and sometimes not.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
Hi there,

1. Packet Loss

Hello,
I used to play a few leagues back, on VPN in my dorm, but its high latency and low Quality of gameplay...
I'd like to know, how to actually get to connect in dorm? I could probably ask for some ports to get opened if it'd help.
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info