How do you deal with chilled and frozen?

I am currently on act 3 cruel and some parts are extremely difficult because of mobs with cold attacks. This may seem like a noob question, this is my first character, I am wondering how people deal with this. Are there "cannot be frozen" items like ravenfrost ring in diablo 2 or something similar? Are there any skills that can reduce the effect? Thanks in advanced for any help you guys can give me.

I am playing a melle dual wielding dualist
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2018, 6:40:46 PM
There are a number of "cannot be frozen" items. Most popular is the ring "Dream Fragments".
cheapest way, use a dispell chilled and frozen flask

i never used a dfrag on any of my CI chars, flasks free up a spot ring spot and are also a lot cheaper.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
There are two uniques in the game which prevents you from being frozen.

Dream Fragment
Spoiler

Alpha's Howl
Spoiler

Additionally, there are a few nodes on the eastern far side of the skill tree which consists of a cluster of status ailment, starting with Crystal Skin - 15% chance to avoid Elemental Status Ailments (Which consists of Chilled, Shocked, and Ignited), following that, there are two nodes 'Avoid Chill' and 'Avoid Freeze', which gives you a 40% chance to avoid being Chilled, and 40% chance to avoid being Frozen, respectively.

Spoiler
"
NightRaven wrote:
There are two uniques in the game which prevents you from being frozen.
Spoiler

Dream Fragment
Spoiler

Alpha's Howl
Spoiler

Additionally, there are a few nodes on the eastern far side of the skill tree which consists of a cluster of status ailment, starting with Crystal Skin - 15% chance to avoid Elemental Status Ailments
Spoiler
(Which consists of Chilled, Shocked, and Ignited), following that, there are two nodes 'Avoid Chill' and 'Avoid Freeze', which gives you a 40% chance to avoid being Chilled, and 40% chance to avoid being Frozen, respectively.

Spoiler

Three, actually (boots also) ->

And spending skill points on those passives is... let's say it's unwise ^_^
Put it simply - it's a total waste (cause there are no constant meeting with freezers\shockers)

Getting "heat" flasks (grounding for shock) is a good solution, cause you (approximately) know where is the "freezing" enemies and you can prepare for encounter.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Oct 9, 2013, 7:57:26 PM
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
And spending skill points on those passives is... let's say it's unwise ^_^
Put it simply - it's a total waste (cause there are no constant meeting with freezers\shockers)

unless you have something like Hrimnor's resolve which already has a 'chance to avoid freeze/chill', and stacks additively with those passives.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
low budget item for normal/cruel:

There are two ways to reduce freeze/shock effect.

The duration of those is determined by damage done in relation to your maximum health. So it's fairly simple for you, just increase your health and lower damage taken by getting max resists. 'Cannot be frozen' are items reserved for ES users which typically have low health, a life-based melee player has no need to screw around with those.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I guess I'm one of those unwise players. Both my high level rangers have the crystal skin chill and freezing avoidance nodes. That 55% chance to avoid works better than you would think. I almost never get frozen anymore, even going against Mervail in maps. If I had the spare points I'd get the ones under the dualist starting point, just to maximize my avoidance to 75%.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

works fine for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info