- A legacy migration has occured at the same time as this patch. All current Default and Hardcore characters are being moved to the Legacy and HC Legacy leagues respectively. Any stashed items are added as extra “Remove only” tabs in your legacy stashes.
- Elemental resistance penalties in higher difficulties now apply to all leagues. The penalties are -20%, -40% and -60% in Cruel, Ruthless and Merciless respectively. These do not affect minions. If your resistances are less than zero, you will take additional elemental damage. Chaos resistance does not receive a penalty.
- Due to substantial changes to the game balance and passive skill tree, we've wiped all the passive skills again. Please take care reallocating your passives so that you can use your equipment and gems. There will probably not be a passive skill wipe with the deployment of 0.9.13.
- Added a hook attack to Brutus.
- Updated all the music in the game to the newly remastered versions from the soundtrack.
- You can now re-use the Map Device after all its portals are consumed.
- You can now repeat a message that contains an item link without it saying "Stale Link". It'll only say that now if the item has been removed.
- Increased the size of the Deep Dweller's room and removed the large chest from it.
- Further improved the randomness of the Dark Forest area.
Gem Quality Changes:
- Resistance flasks now last 3.5 seconds rather than 2.0 seconds by default.
- The following skills have had their damage modifiers factored into Damage Effectiveness rather than being listed as separate stats (this does not change their damage): Leap Slam, Sweep, Ground Slam, Cleave, Dual Strike, Whirling Blades, Split Arrow, Glacial Hammer and Power Siphon.
- Heavy Strike's 50% damage bonus now affects support gems and elemental damage. It is now represented as Damage Effectiveness.
- Reduced Flicker Strike's damage bonus from +40% to +25%. This is now also represented as Damage Effectiveness.
Passive Skill Tree Changes:
- Shield Charge: From 1% damage per quality point to 0.35%.
- Phase Run: From 1% damage per quality point to 0.5%.
- Cleave: From 1% attack speed per quality point to 0.35%.
- Double Strike: From 1% attack speed per quality point to 0.35%.
- Whirling Blades: From 1% attack speed per quality point to 0.35%.
- Frenzy: From 0.35% attack speed per charge per quality point to 0.2%.
- Split Arrow: From 1% attack speed per quality point to 0.35%.
- Viper Strike: From 0.5% attack speed per quality point to 0.35%.
- Bear Trap: From 1% physical damage per quality point to 0.5%.
- Ethereal Knives: From 1% projectile damage per quality point to 0.5%.
- Increased Critical Strike Chance (Support): From 0.5% critical strike chance per quality point to 1%.
- Melee Physical Damage (Support): From 0.2% per quality point to 0.35%.
- Critical Strike Multiplier (Support): From 1% critical strike multiplier per quality point to 2%.
- Added Chaos Damage (Support): From 0.5% chaos damage per quality point to 0.35%.
- Stun (Support): From 2% stun duration per quality point to 1%.
- Cold to Fire (Support): From 0.7% cold and fire damage per quality point to 0.35%.
- Weapon Elemental Damage (Support): From 0.5% weapon elemental damage per quality point to 0.35%.
- Melee Damage on Full Life (Support): From 0.5% multiplicative melee damage per quality point to 0.35% additive melee damage.
- Pathing in various areas has been made easier.
- There are now several more resistance options for all classes.
- The Templar's opening passives have been buffed.
- Early and middle Shadow passives have been buffed.
- Added options for hybrid classes to commit deeply to hybrid defences.
- All Energy Shield Delay passives have been reduced from 15% to 10%.
- Changed damage/attack speed axe passives to so that they have more damage and less attack speed.
- Fixed a bug where totems would sometimes not target nearby monsters correctly.
- Fixed a bug where monsters and minions were unable to have above 5% chance to get critical strikes.
- Fixed several graphical crashes.
- Fixed a server crash that could occur when using a Raise Spectre Totem and certain monsters.
- Fixed a server crash that could occur related to minions receiving chance-to-block from the Necromantic Aegis keystone passive skill.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when fighting the necromancer boss Sawbones.
- Fixed a bug where minions of monsters in Turbo Leagues or Map areas would not have the correct speed bonus.
- Fixed problems with the skill hotbar incorrectly displaying disabled skills under various circumstances.
- Fixed various problems with players disconnecting during the Fairgraves quest. It should not be possible to get into bad states any more.
- Fixed a bug where monsters in high level areas would not do the correct Firestorm damage.
- Fixed a bug where Frenzy's damage appeared late with ranged weapons.
- Fixed a bug where an incorrect number of charges could be displayed around a character.
Last edited by Chris on Oct 8, 2012, 8:02:04 PM
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:21:41 PM
Grinding Gear Games
In honor of such a great patch, a beta key for the first viewer: SHV2H-LAUQJ-6YRC3-RS49P
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:22:32 PM
Bye bye Deep Dweller chest. :(
I am W James Chan, author of Blackcloak: A Man of His Sword, the novel from which the PoE unique Oni-Goroshi is derived. So if you liked that, give the book a go on Amazon. I think it's pretty good -- but like Her, it isn't to be come at lightly, and it definitely isn't what it first seems to be.
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:24:20 PM
Let the river of tears flow
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:25:32 PM
Grinding Gear Games
Early and middle Shadow passives have been buffed.
Everyone roll shadow
Last edited by Metronomy on Oct 8, 2012, 7:37:24 PM
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:26:11 PM
Let the rivers of salty tears flow. Let them flow into my mouth. Let me taste the sorrow of your suffering.
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:27:44 PM
So you have made boring quality bonuses even more boring (+0,35% YAY! now i must use three GCP to even see something in tooltip! YEA!) and you remove big chest for the game because D3 clearly shows that big chest and fountains of loot are not fun and ppl hate it.
Honestly i dont know that i like the direction that PoE is going atm.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Oct 8, 2012, 7:30:50 PM
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:28:07 PM
sweet, i love it, but now i can't farm the deep dwealer cheast lol oh well. now i want the patch now so i can play.
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:29:00 PM
*Tears of joy*
FFA Loot = ninja fest = lots of swearing
IGN: NineteenEightyFourGO(current one), Polars, SirensOfTheSea, XenaLegenDaryPrincess
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:30:45 PM
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016
on Oct 8, 2012, 7:32:00 PM