Exiles in Short Term Race Leagues

I want to preface my point, that if the spawn rate is incredibly rare, its not a huge issue.

But if exiles are semi frequent in races now, this has a huge number of issues:

1. Increases variance, an early exile in a normal race can turn into an insurmountable lead
2. Classes without good single target attacks early (ranger\witch\Templar) are at a HUGE disadvantage in the more challenging modes encountering an exile early.
3. I think exiles are fine but should absolutely not be allowed in Signature races, and preferably not in racing in general.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Agree with Mors. I'm fine with exiles in races as long as they don't spawn in signature races and their chance to spawn in a zone is below 10%.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
They have no place in non-rogue races, period.
Considering their proclivity for spawning in really painful spots (ie next to Hailrake, Fidelitas, guarding a tile wide bridge in caverns etc) coupled with their beefed up drops, they are a yin and yang package of rng, shot up with horse steroids.
After all the anti-rng feedback GGG has received in the last few months, it makes me laugh a hearty laugh to see them make this move.
"
Morsexier wrote:

3. I think exiles are fine but should absolutely not be allowed in Signature races, and preferably not in racing in general.

rogue as mod is fine, but they should definitely not be added to other races. just the though of seeing igna next to caverns of anger unique gives me seizures
I remember doing a rogue solo race where i got the easiest exile to kill in early mud flats.
Got insane amounts of nice gear for early game and i was invincible against every other exile after that.

Also the total opposite could happen, like having an exile next to hailrake or quest object, so you wouldn't be able to progress because of it, thus ruining your race.

Too big RNG factor here to be added as a regular thing for races. Keep em out for races please unless it's a dedicated rogue mod race. The very least, make all the competetive and signature events rogue free.
IGN: Rollface
Seems everything that needed to be said has been said, so ill just add my agreement that they shouldnt be allowed to appear in competitive races. The very last thing competitive races need is more randomness, and the make or break situation that an exile will often present is exactly that.
IGN: KoTao
I'd just like to say that it might not be such a problem with a "fixed seed" style where all racers are given a rogue exile at the same location.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 27, 2013, 8:29:30 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'd just like to say that it might not be such a problem with a "fixed seed" style where all racers are given a rogue exile at the same location.

Provided it was the same exile for everyone, this would probably be fine.
IGN: KoTao
Bump. This is a problem right now.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Had an Exile in my sins1 instance in the 105m Turbo, just skipped him though. So I can definitely confirm that they also spawn in non rogue-races. Don't know how I feel about that though.

It wasn't really a huge deal, but if an exile were to spawn in a boss room it could potentially just force you to log out and remake the whole instance, which is silly.

edit: And it's fixed.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 9, 2013, 6:45:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info