Lightning Trap

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 10:44:31 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 10:45:03 PM
Is damage from this trap affected by spell damage passives, elemental/lightning damage passives, projectile passives, critical chance/multiplier spell related passives? I read somewhere that bear trap is not affected by any of spell related passives and I'm a bit confused.

Also I wonder if IIQ and IIR from supported gems work with this trap.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Sep 25, 2013, 1:14:05 AM
Add cast speed to the abovementioned question :-)
The projectile are affected by projectile gems. I tested it with GMP and Chain, and it works. i can then assume it works with fork and faster projectile as well.

and therefore this skill is gonna be a lot of fun :P
After using this skill for a while I have come to the following conclusions:

GMP/LMP is almost useless as expected (adding 2-4 projectiles to 9 is silly)

Chain and fork work great in balled up packs, this is good

The quality on the gem feels really bad. Furthermore with its low crit chance the skill feels borderline useless at shocking things without static blows and the other 10% chance to shock.

I feel the quality or base gem should have some shock chance attached to it. It feels cheap to force these talents on this skill. It seems wierd too because this skill seems to want to shock large groups of enemies by design but it is pretty hopeless at doing so without additional help.
Last edited by Gravethought on Sep 25, 2013, 1:42:30 AM
There might be a possible bug/bad interaction with this skill.

The monster who detonates the trap seems to be immune to the projectiles chaining back at him.

The projectiles will still target him for a chain, and then they proceed to pass right through him as if hes a ghost.

This leads to projectile getting wasted.
First impression gained from running a lit/fire trapper with spark/pulse backup in the first race after lightning trap was added:

Damage felt strong, with good range on the projectiles, a reasonably aggressive cooldown and plenty of opportunity to buff/alter the skills effects with supports.

There was nothing obviously over or under powered about it, nor anything i disliked. Well designed skill overall.

The one thing i couldnt tell was whether or not the projectiles could shotgun. It was obvious that the monster triggering the trap wasnt taking all 8 of them, but less obvious if monsters just outside the projectiles spawn point were taking 3-4.
IGN: KoTao
"
Gravethought wrote:
There might be a possible bug/bad interaction with this skill.

The monster who detonates the trap seems to be immune to the projectiles chaining back at him.

The projectiles will still target him for a chain, and then they proceed to pass right through him as if hes a ghost.

This leads to projectile getting wasted.

I also experience this odd behaviour.
Initial target is probably tagged as immune to projectiles from that specific trap. The skill would likely be a broken boss killer with terrible base aoe utility otherwise.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
Initial target is probably tagged as immune to projectiles from that specific trap. The skill would likely be a broken boss killer with terrible base aoe utility otherwise.

if it is intentional the chained projectiles should not try to target the triggering enemy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info