Buzzing sound....my head is going to explode

What is this annoying buzzing sound? it's driving me crazy, didn't have it before.
ign: DaEDaenarys
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2023, 4:49:34 PM
anyone got a fix?
ign: DaEDaenarys
No idea what's causing this, you're the second or third person to complain about this. I passed it onto a programmer last time and they couldn't figure it out.

Post up your specs, and I can compare it to the last complaints.

oh, also try updating your audio drivers it could fix the issue.
The audio guy.
I personally have a buzzing sound due to a bad sound card. I fixed it, though, by setting my main sound volume to ~3/100 and increasing all other sounds to max.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Do you have your Microphone Input on your soundcard enabled? Try muting/disabling it in the Windows Volume Settings. Same applies for other audio input ports like Line In. Such things can pick up distortion from dust and improperly plugged in devices etc.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Sep 1, 2013, 9:55:28 PM
BTW this is still a thing, driving me insane. Only happen on my headphones too, not on my speakers.
Another potential issue would be a nearby wireless phone or mobile phone.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
i have the same issue with a pair of headphones with a seperate sound card that comes with the headphones, if i pick other headphones it works just fine.

any fix for this?
signature?
Last edited by Makavelit0t0 on Oct 28, 2015, 1:29:22 PM
Sorry for picking up old thread. I have this sound problem. I was not as bad with Ati graphics device as it is my newer Geforce device. I think its linked to my integrated soundcard and headphones. Still wondering why Path of Exile is only game that has this issue.
I can also report this buzzing noise. Only really noticed it a few days ago, not sure whether it was there before and I never noticed it or if it's new.

It's a faint and constant "brrrrrrrrrrr" sound and without music running it's definitely noticeable and annoying after some time.

I read in another thread that it stops while the skill tree is open which is true for me.

Not sure whether this has been mentioned before but I also found out that the buzzing stops while the game is minimized - contrary to when the game just loses focus because another program or window is selected (where the buzzing continues).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info