---> Cyclone - Dual Wielding or 2H Weapon?

(I know i could post it to Cyclone thread but i believe most ppl come here, oh nvm it was moved to gameplay help from general:lol)

Ok so im thinking about Cyclone build. Im not expert of this skill yet so need some advices. For now i used my DW Cleave.
-Pretty fun, got 18k dps with: Faster attack/Melee physical damage/added fire/weapon ele dmg/ bm gem, but when i have to take off added fire gem and put life leech my dps is only like 13k. Ok doesn't matter. ( just want more dps so thats why this Cyclone thread :P)

Let's move to Cyclone, it has 40% dmg effectiveness but it hits twice, so its 80% dmg effectiveness and it doesn't reduce any -40% dmg like with Cleave. But it has insane mana cost... hopefully i will deal with it.

So about DW vs 2h - every person i know, even from forums told me that cyclone is better with 2h weapons

"
Cyclone spins at your attack speed and deals AoE damage twice per spin. When Dual Wielding, each weapon hits once per spin.

Ok i understand that if someone have 500 dps 2h sword (highest i found at poex), he hits 1000 with his weapon but what about attack speed? With only 2h u have for example only 1.5 attack speed.

I want to use my 2x 1h axes(thought about facebreaker but i think 2 weapons will get more dps)

Both of them got like 740 dps, my dps would be 260 low compare to 2h (1000dps) but what about attack speed ? With these two axes my attack speed is 1.81 + 1.5.

"
High attack speed and low movement speed allowes you to hit a single enemy several times, with higher movement speed it's possible to start another Cyclone sooner.

Do you think DW can be same good in my case or even better based on my high dps weapons + attack speed than one high dps 2h weapon?

Any thoughts? i think i would have for sure more dps with cyclone, because it doesn't reduce -40% dmg while dw like with cleave but this mana cost damn.. :S

Last edited by Sebash6 on Jun 27, 2013, 5:28:25 PM
Two handers are preferred because they give more range than one handers in terms of Cyclone radius. Also, due to how physical damage works, you get a lot more attacks but each one hits for a lot less. Would be worth investigating since you already have access to very strong weapons.
Thanks for fast reply, still haven't decide if i should leave my cleave, cuz my mana cost now at cleave is only 67, with cyclone it will be like 200+ ^^. Idk if its worth, will need for sure life leech gem.

But...:
"
Acrosis wrote:
Two handers are preferred because they give more range than one handers in terms of Cyclone radius.
Don't understand this part. I read again wiki and didn't find anything about extra radius to 2handers. Found only that Master of the Arena node works with cyclone. Could you explain that again?
Last edited by Sebash6 on Jun 27, 2013, 4:27:39 PM
2h Cyclone = Helicopter. Just sayin'. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
2H has more range than 1h, thus, more range on cyclone also. And one more thing: -40% on cleave doesn't apply to ele dmg, only phys dmg. However, on cyclone ele dmg is reduced just like physical dmg is. I tried to make "shocking" cyclone but I failed due to this fact bcs even with 200 lightning dmg it's just like ~50 on cyclone and that's not enough for shock to proc on higher level mobs (1000+ hp)

So expect a lot less dmg then you have on cleave unless you made crit multi build, then your chance to crit will be basically double checked bcs you will hit twice. Personally, I have 1800dps on cyclone and it wrecks shit apart. Never saw a point in 10K + dps builds (living on the dmg spike gambling is just not my style :P)
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info