GGG, I Question Your Priorities

Your game is great but your population is not. (It is small.)

Your scheduled upcoming 1.0 release will come with reviews and opinions across the net. This event will be the biggest thing to happen to this game. If handled correctly, your pop, and thus revenue, multiplies quickly. (And we know that you know this.)

And yet, here you are, spending time devising ways to split up and separate your current players, instead of adding real content. (TOO MANY LEAGUES, NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS!)

At this rate, here is your first 1.0 review synopsis:
GGG (maybe) added "the 2nd half" of A3 and did some balancing a few months back with 0.11. Other than that, if you played the open beta at anytime, not much has changed...

You nuked "regular" HC (b/c apparently HC just isn't HC enough anymore) by spreading the population around in various unrewarding leagues.
(HC IS SO FUCKING BORING NOW! YOU KILLED IT!!)

Onslaught starts you back at the beginning, with nothing. It removes some of the game's better base gear, only to end 4 months later, with no rewards, and throws you back into a league where this better gear is now obtainable and thus your planned character is obsolete. To top this off, every other player on OS is a clown trying to imitate some guy who does nothing other than sit in a chair his whole life.

Now you have an unrewarding S3 with an equally unrewarding Descent event...

Do you know why I started playing this game?
I LIKE TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS. I don't want to change leagues every other week/month in order to keep up with what the majority of players are playing at that time only to have it happen again and again...

Now, all of my friends are split up across several different leagues. I can't play with them...

No rewards and no friends? I might as well play D3! (I'd rather sell my PC.)

This is an easy fix. Focus on real content and reuniting your community. Refine and perfect the game, as it is, as much as possible, while adding true new content. (DOES NOT MEAN ADD MORE FOOTPRINTS.)
THEN, once 1.0 is out, and the praise starts coming in, followed by the player base, THEN, you focus on EVENTS.

Right now, please, I beg you, focus on the GAME.

FFS

You only get ONE shot at 1.0... I want you to succeed as much as possible.

/rant, gl GGG. I do respect your work and I wish you all the best.
Last edited by duckfluffed on Jun 27, 2013, 1:17:04 PM
I 100% agree with your comment about the leagues i have like no pplz left in standard to play with and it makes me wanna stop playing all together the point of a game like this is to build currency items and friends not dump them all every few months for a new league.
While I very much enjoyed the ladder seasons in D2 they felt different. The new leagues do feel like a huge fragmentation to the current population. While I could always easily find a public party for any area of the game, I am now hard pressed to find a public party for the best farming areas.

I can see where the New leagues are great for long time players who have maxed out what they can do in their current league and want a fresh start, but as I try to grow my HC account by accumulating wealth and high level characters everybody up and left.

I agree with OP that now is not the time for 4 leagues. Hopefully there will be a time when the player base is large enough to support 4 leagues, but now it feels like 2 populated leagues and 2 vacant leagues.
Playing the same league forever is extremely boring. It is the reason diablo 2 had ladder resets. Think of hardcore/standard as non ladder and just move to the newest long league that comes out. 4 months is plenty of time to play and start up.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Oh yeah I remember the shitty ladder system and GGG remembers the legacy league nobody played.

Nobody played HC nonladder after one season. This is a stupid system.
GGG has to make currency worthless so players use it to craft and the leagues need big differences.

"
Powster wrote:
Playing the same league forever is extremely boring. It is the reason diablo 2 had ladder resets. Think of hardcore/standard as non ladder and just move to the newest long league that comes out. 4 months is plenty of time to play and start up.

maybe for you for other ppl make new char is boring ;)
100% agree. It just makes no sense as there are TONS of things GGG could be doing, that everyone has posted like a million times, but it is like developers these days are actively not doing what their player base wants. D3 and POE could be amazing games but something in their development teams is causing them to focus on random stuff that is ACTIVELY discouraging people from playing. It honestly makes no sense

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info