New 4 month leagues

At first I was really excited. Now, I'm kind of disheartened. Why?

When I first glanced through the achievements, I was like holy cow, time commitment. OK, fine, let's get that T-Shirt. However, after playing and stacking up completed achievements, I'm now dismayed by the realization that I misread two of the requirements.

On first read, I thought that those that joined/created characters for the Onslaught league didn't have to complete "Kill the 13 Exiles" because it was an Anarchy Only achievement. Likewise, I thought those that joined/created characters for the Anarchy league didn't have to complete "Level all 6 classes to level 60" because it was an Onslaught Only achievement. But after playing and stacking up achievements with my Anarchy character last night, I came to the realization that "Level all 6 classes to level 60" - in Onslaught - was in my list of things that needed to be completed. WTF! Cross League achievements? Are you serious?

If so, I'm never going to get the T-Shirt no matter how much time and effort I put into playing. I don't play Hardcore and I'm not going to switch leagues. I picked the 4 month league in which I wanted to play. Why isn't playing in my selected league and completing all the designated achievements for that league enough to garner a reward?

In my opinion, having to create and play characters in both Anarchy and Onslaught in order to get a reward is disheartening to the point of not caring one bit about any of the achievements/challenges. If I cannot "win", there is no point in playing (taking part in the achievements/challenges). What's more, people that play Softcore most likely don't want to play Hardcore, and vice versa, probably more so vice versa. While Softcore players may dabble in Hardcore from time to time, Hardcore players are not going to want to play Softcore at all. It's beneath there skills; against their mindset; however, you want to state it (I'm sure there is a better choice of words, but I'm currently at a loss).

One more thought on this, anyone taking the ladder races seriously is not going to have time to jump ship and play and level in the other league just to complete the cross-league achievement.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Jun 12, 2013, 3:54:53 PM
Then forget the damn T-shirt if you don't want to put in the time required. Some players do and I don't see a problem with that. And yes, you will have to sacrifice ladder positions in order to get this t-shirt, but at the same time, the ladder shows how many challenges you have ocmpleted.

As for the cross-league thing.. what did you expect? It is meant to be hard and very very time-consuming. It is meant for those that go all in, full no-life mode. And those players are kind of expected to "be able to" play in hardcore mode.
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
Then forget the damn T-shirt if you don't want to put in the time required. Some players do and I don't see a problem with that. And yes, you will have to sacrifice ladder positions in order to get this t-shirt, but at the same time, the ladder shows how many challenges you have completed.

As for the cross-league thing.. what did you expect? It is meant to be hard and very very time-consuming. It is meant for those that go all in, full no-life mode. And those players are kind of expected to "be able to" play in hardcore mode.

I have no doubt there will be people that will complete all the objectives and get the T-shirt. I was going to try myself. And the tasks being time consuming is not my problem. It's the fact I have to play and acquire wealth in two different leagues to obtain the prize. In other words, if I were able to try and complete all the tasks in my chosen league of play, I wouldn't have a problem.

To me, the cross-league objectives GGG created with these new 4-month leagues is analogous to the simultaneous race events that took place in Season 2. Players are being pulled in all kinds of directions at once and most will not complete anything, especially those that try to do everything.

Anyway, I'm already over not being able to get the T-shirt. I also don't expect GGG to change the objectives for the current 4-month leagues. However, I do hope GGG considers what I have said when designing objectives for the next 4-month leagues. Time consuming is fine, but please, make the objectives completable within our chosen league of play. And if you want a cross-league objective, well, have 3 different rewards: one for completing all the Anarchy objectives, one for completing all the Onslaught objectives, and an extra reward for completing all objectives in both leagues. Or just have 2 rewards, completing all the objectives in or one or the other is one reward, doing everything in both garners the bonus.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Jun 13, 2013, 10:13:11 AM
You think it's bad for you, it's even worse for people that choose to play hardcore/onslaught. As a standard/anarchy player, you can always bring everything back to standard league from all leagues at the end of 4 months. As a hardcore/onslaught player, you are literally wasting time playing in anarchy as everything you work for is going to standard.
Last edited by boof on Jun 13, 2013, 3:49:15 PM
"
boof wrote:
You think it's bad for you, it's even worse for people that choose to play hardcore/onslaught. As a standard/anarchy player, you can always bring everything back to standard league from all leagues at the end of 4 months. As a hardcore/onslaught player, you are literally wasting time playing in anarchy as everything you work for is going to standard.

Yes, that does suck doesn't it. Even if you don't die while playing in Anarchy for the sole purpose of trying to complete "Kill the 13 Exiles", everything you earn is going to Standard, not Hardcore.

In another thread, another Hardcore/Onslaught player made the suggestion that any Anarchy character that has never been killed be transferred to Hardcore at the end of the 4-month league. While I can sympathize, such a feature would have to be optional. At the end of the 4-months, if I had an Anarchy character with zero deaths, I wouldn't want the character transferred to Hardcore. However, now that I've said this, I guess it wouldn't matter. When the current 4-month leagues end, new ones will start. And I will start over in the new leagues, not play standard. But I guess it would be nice if all my wealth was dumped back to Standard, should I ever want to goof around with characters with access to untold wealth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info