Aegis Aurora not blocking Reflect damage?

I have these two items as a EKer. As I understand you roll your defenses on reflect damage, ie a Split Arrow can evade their reflected attacks.

With spell block i should be able to block my EK's, and on block I should heal 4% of my armor as ES. This has not been happening, making reflect maps horrible for me.

can someone clarify whether this should work and isn't or this isn't supposed to happen at all.

Thanks,
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's been reported before and was bumped a couple times for a status report. Usually if GGG's silent they simply don't have anything else to say except "we're aware".
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 31, 2013, 2:38:01 PM
awesome thanks!
Sorry for bumping this, but to my understanding the previous reports were about spell block. Just wanted to add that I'm quite sure attack blocking doesn't work as well, or at least the ES gain by Aegis Aurora doesn't apply.
its intented. sorry to burst your bubble, but on-block effects like aegis aurora or tempest shield's damage do not occur on blocked reflected damage. so even when that spell block issue is fixed (if it isn't already, i'm pretty sure it was with the reflect refactor), don't expect this one to be.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jul 25, 2013, 2:11:46 PM
preventing reflect with blocking does not trigger "on block" effects. Reflect hits in general are prevented from causing anything other than damage (stuns, elemental status ailments, more reflect, LGoH, etc).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
preventing reflect with blocking does not trigger "on block" effects. Reflect hits in general are prevented from causing anything other than damage (stuns, elemental status ailments, more reflect, LGoH, etc).

Thanks for clarifying this, also answers the question if I could shock myself with a character that has chance to shock e.g. from Static Blows.

"
TheEnforcer wrote:
its intented. sorry to burst your bubble, but on-block effects like aegis aurora or tempest shield's damage do not occur on blocked reflected damage. so even when that spell block issue is fixed (if it isn't already, i'm pretty sure it was with the reflect refactor), don't expect this one to be.

You are not bursting my bubble, it just seemed like a bug to me according to the wording on Aegis Aurora. Didn't know the on-block/reflect part is common knowledge, and didn't find anything about it so far. Anyways, reflect isn't that big of a problem for Cyclone , and Aegis Aurora is not exactly in need of a buff, was just curious. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info