Oceania Server

OK tried a search but did not come up with anything on this.

Are you guys planning to have an Oceania server to accomodate you Aussie and Kiwi fans?

I understand it costs more to host a server in this area for some reason, but i'm sure many others in Oceania wouldn't mind paying $5 or $10 upfront for 0 lag. Maybe you could make it free to play on the US server for us and that could be an "Ethical Micro-transaction".

The lag on some games is unbearable with information having to travel half way around the world and back to get a response on screen.

What makes a server viable, are there a minimum number of players required to make the server worth it?

RIP Bolto
I believe that in another post that i couldn't find that there would be good reaction time for the server for New Zealand players.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
The information you are looking for was in the recent Gameplanet review of PoE.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games/165482/previews/136369.Path-of-Exile/

In which they state:
"
The servers are based in the States and regional servers in Europe and Oceania are currently "under consideration". For those concerned about latency, Grinding Gear points out that they’re doing their internal play testing on the US servers (from Titirangi) and that the game is quite literally being optimised at international traffic speeds.

I think one of the reasons they don't want to make too many servers is they will split up their player base (which they have no idea how big it will be) too much. Players will already be segregated by league and nobody wants to play in a ghost town, never meeting another soul.
if the game is really successful, im sure we will get an oceania server. if they get enough people playing at once, they will have to get another server.

fingers crossed, i hope their server cant handle a stupidly large amount of people lol :D
So sad.

They hate aussies it seems.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
tobes111 wrote:
So sad.

They hate aussies it seems.

Dude.

Necro?

If you bothered to search properly, you can find a GGG response to this that is earlier than 2 years old.

I can summarise what they said:

Bandwidth in australia and NZ is about 200x more expensive than in US and Europe.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Wow necro...
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
Wow necro...

Blast from the past!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info