8 Hour Race - Event 119 Death AFTER league ended...

Finished at level 26 on my Templar at position 31 on the leader board. Was in the Waterfall Cave level one when the league finished and char froze. Tabbed over to look at the leader board and saw my guy fall over a good ten seconds or more after the race finished. Apparently I was standing not far enough from one of the bears that deal chaos damage over time. Is the ability to die AFTER the league finishes and the char is frozen working as intended? If so, that seems a bit broken.

Hard lesson learned. Now I know why most people pussy out and hide in town near the end of a race.
Last edited by Roloski on May 15, 2013, 1:20:12 AM
Was in mumble with this dude when this death happened. 100% BS. If you freeze play you need to freeze the incoming damage at the end as well. Dying this way is pretty ridiculous. Worst part is the end result NO POINTS REWARDED and complete WASTE OF TIME.

If you are going to freeze every action of the player when the league ends why doesn't incoming damage freeze as well? I think its time for an obvious change. We had some fun bs-ing for 3 hours (didnt play whole race). So it wasn't entirely wasted.
Last edited by Menacetech on May 15, 2013, 2:31:57 AM
Similar thing happened to me in 1 Hour Immolation http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/382757
IGN: Hollusion
Also something odd - if I died and it removed me from the ladder, and I scored no points, then I shouldn't have been eligible for the random prize drawings, right? Check the photo:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1313/se02e119.jpg

Looks like I won a Shiversting for a race I died in? I thought you only were eligible for the random drawings based on earning points in the race. It's pretty obvious by this that the system saw me, for whatever short period of time, as having legitimately finished the race, which I did.
Last edited by Roloski on May 15, 2013, 11:34:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info