Races and wierd points stucture for middle brackets.

After looking through comments it occurred to me that some of the points system for races comparatively don't match difficulty of the races and time given.

Example

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/372462

90 Minute Turbo Solo

vs

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/376313

120 Minute Normal Solo.

If we look at particularly just the system for
Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:

We can see that
On 90 Minute turbo solo.

Level 27: 10 Reward Points
Level 25-26: 7 Reward Points
Level 23-24: 6 Reward Points
Level 21-22: 5 Reward Points
Level 18-20: 4 Reward Points

Level 12-17: 3 Reward Points
Level 6-11: 1 Reward Point

On 120 Minute Normal solo.

Level 33: 10 Reward Points
Level 28-32: 7 Reward Points
Level 24-27: 6 Reward Points
Level 20-23: 5 Reward Points
Level 17-19: 4 Reward Points

Level 13-16: 3 Reward Points
Level 8-12: 1 Reward Point

The points brackets given for 4-5 points are harder assuming that we only want to reach the minimum for both brackets to obtain optimum amount of points disregarding position as class. We see that in the 120 minute solo the brackets for both are 1 level lower and we are given 30 extra minutes in a normal environment!. This can be made so because hitting these points brackets is not mutually exclusive to other people getting points. If you hit these brackets and logout you cannot have them taken away from you if you stop racing where as placing as class or first will.

It doesn't feel right to me to be pushed in a harder race to hit higher brackets in a shorter amount of time to get the same amount of points. I'm putting more risk in for less reward.

This occurrence also happens in the 90 minute fixed seed vs the 120 minute fixed seed where in the SAME RACE TYPE where the 3-5 point brackets are actually easier for the 120 minute one.

Now we don't want to make it so that it's absolutely absurd and it scales insanely with the duration but given if I have a certain amount of time and I want to accumulate a decent amount of points for time invested why would I ever play a race where it is much harder to stay alive and I'm given less time to achieve brackets on top of the bracket being easier for the middle end. The middle end should be balanced as not everyone can be a top racer but we can all be decent racers. What seems to be incorrect structure for the points towards the middle only punishes the larger majority of racers who aren't the elite perfect racers who get no.1 each time.

The middle brackets need to be adjusted to correctly suit the time/difficulty. This is not calling for a nerf, rather a buff to the middle to give it a more logical feel to the structure.

The middle bracket should represent a safe but substantial effort to push a decent rate of progression, hitting 4-6 points should feel like I'm not trying to be largely underlevelled as if to feel i might die in any zone with bad circumstances but also not represent where im moving at a crawl.

IGN TDA
Sry to tell you but you just wasted your time writing this. I have posted in alteast 5-6-7- whateva race threads that every single 90 min solo race no matter the type has totally ridiculous level thresholds. I thinks its the only race type that nobody has ever gotten 10 points and never will.

Simply put - GGG doesn't care to say it lightly. And before someone quotes this last sentence - if they did, they'd already adjusted those races, they had plenty of time.

Peace, it's the last time I comment on races RPs.
They probably leave the rules & point thresholds the same for a whole season so players who compete on one end of the season are equal to players who play on the other end of the season. That's one aspect of why they break it up into seasons instead of having a continuous stream of races. We will see updates when the next season rolls out.

However, they should reduce the number of level tiers. One reason is it would make it easier for problems like this to be caught by a simple "glance test." It's hard to judge whether 8 level tiers for each different race duration are all in the right ballpark, enough that it's easier to just post and forget without really checking it. But if it's only 4 level thresholds maybe they can glance the numbers over to see if there are any glaring errors like this. Another reason is the upper echelons should be based on how you did relative to the competition, not how well you did relative to a scale.

The level thresholds should only be there to get low level racers an incentive to keep trying and get better. Once you get up to a certain level, you should be comparing yourself to other racers and not to level thresholds. A point system that did not continue to escalate level thresholds all the way up to the top tiers would make this a natural transition for players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info