Turbo Race is Desync Race.

I tried my first Turbo race today for shits and giggles and I knew going into it that I should be ready for inordinate amounts of desync but nothing could have prepared me for just how bad it'd be.
I suppose there is nothing to be done, it is just another tired old desync thread. I am not sure how bad it is for everyone else, but whoo boy, 'dat Turbo Brutus. Special mention for Turbo Rhoas.

I suppose it could be almost used as a good measure for desync for GGG. If they can make turbo races work without too much of it, the regular game would basically have none.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I was just in today's 90M fixed seed solo; it was horrible. I died a few minutes in at the Mud Flats because I was taking charge damage from Rhoas that were nowhere near me; I ran out of pots and fell over as they whizzed past me or just plain ran around in circles near the edge of the screen.

I tried a second time (now completely and hopelessly screwed out of anything resembling competition) and made it into the caves, got to level 4, got Rain of Arrows on, and started mulching the sizable crowd that had followed me with ease. I took a second to check out my character, use pots, and look over the map; with no enemies around, I calmly strode towards the exit. Then my health started plummeting and right before I died I teleported (or re-synced) up against a wall I didn't recognize surrounded by monsters I didn't know were there, giving me no chance to even attack them.

At this point the event was a third over at most, but I couldn't bring myself to try again. The whole experience was completely brutal. It's not like I'm playing this game on a toaster; my connection is fine for normal PoE play and for other games.
Expected nerfs:
- Spectral Throw [done]
- Scion Nodes [done]
- Scion dialogue [ggg plz]
Last edited by Techercizer on May 17, 2013, 5:43:56 PM
Brutus was ridiculous for me in today's turbo immolation solo. I used all 8 of my portal scrolls because it was nonstop desync during this fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info