Shared Skill Tree Race

I'd like to see a long duration party race (six players required--instance freeze w/o six players) where the entire skill tree is shared but where the individual skill trees cannot overlap. I.e. only one character can take any particular node in the tree. This would force some build variety.
Nearly all teams do this already, in order not to compete too much directly with eachother the team usually consists of 1 character of each class so there won't be much overlapping anyways.

Also, the technical hurdles would be massive.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
demivion wrote:
Nearly all teams do this already, in order not to compete too much directly with eachother the team usually consists of 1 character of each class so there won't be much overlapping anyways.

I think OP meant a shared passive skill tree.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on May 1, 2013, 10:05:55 AM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
"
demivion wrote:

I think OP meant a shared passive skill tree.

Yes, I don't mean that they each have the same passive skill tree. I mean that their individual passive trees cannot overlap. I.e. the entire unallocated skill tree is shared with six separate allocated node trees on it--one for each player.

This is also not for a short race--more like long races so characters reach 80+. Most endgame builds move all over the tree (to get % life nodes, particular keystones, or whatever). A race of this type would actually force passive variety. For example, only one character can be CI, only one character can be "path of life nodes" (at best), and so on. Essentially, it is a single six-way build. On top of that, of course, is if one of the characters dies, their skill tree allocations remain inaccessible.
We have discussed a variety of league options based on the passive tree, but not the specific one you mentioned.

There are a number of more complicated leagues we want to put in, but they may not turn up for some time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info