Ideal 6L Supports for Power Siphon?

Spreading shock stacks is the bread and butter of the wander. Here is my current gem setup:

I don't quite have the mana yet to drop mana leech, but when the time comes, I'm thinking either life leech, ele proliferation, or increased crit damage... anyone have any thoughts on using ele proliferion here?
Last edited by TadaceAce on Apr 27, 2013, 2:40:10 PM
You already got LMP/Chain which kinda makes your shock spread automatically obviously not as effective as it would be with profileration but still i think there are better options to consider.
I'm also thinking that ele proliferation might be better group based since even if it drops my dps a little bit, it would be huge for group dps overall.

Life leech for solo and ele proliferation for groups?
Last edited by TadaceAce on Apr 26, 2013, 12:07:26 PM
As an update. As I start to move into endgame, my chance to hit seem to have plummeted. I was down to 70% when I decided to check.

I have enough mana now that I don't need the mana leech and I have made a pretty firm decision to replace it with additional accuracy. Raised my chance to hit up to ~86%. A 30% reduction (misses) turned into 14% reduction, for an solid 50% more damage (math?). This not including additional shock stacks and stun locking.

Hard to argue that is not the best option for the last support gem.
86/70 = 1.229 = a 22.9% DPS increase.

The tooltip DPS is accurate (doesn't count shock stacks or resists, but beyond that), so you should be able to just equip and un-equip the gem to see the difference.
"
86/70 = 1.229 = a 22.9% DPS increase.

The tooltip DPS is accurate (doesn't count shock stacks or resists, but beyond that), so you should be able to just equip and un-equip the gem to see the difference.

As a clarification, this is a 22.9 MORE dps (multiple, not additive).

The best 6L setup, imo.. is
Power Siphon
WED
Faster Attack
LMP/GMP
Chain
Additional Accuracy

I'm sitting on about 2.2k mana, lvl 18 clarity, and a decent mana regen from passives (my regen is at like 170 per second?) and I still run out of mana running GMP. Mathematically I would need about 260 mana per second for pure sustainability. I'm torn between LMP and GMP for this reason.
I actually used gmp/pierce instead of chain and cast projectile weakness for 100% pierce. You don't get that nasty 50% less damage from chain so you can stack ailments easier and it cost way less mana so you can drop some mana and regen passives. More effective IMO!
Additional accuracy for sure. Level 20 gem gives >1000 accuracy, quality gives 3% increased crit chance per 1% quality.

Keep in mind, you do no damage if you miss, and even if you have accuracy on all your gear (rings/amulet/helm/gloves), this gem is still probably worth it.
"
haplessG00N wrote:
I actually used gmp/pierce instead of chain and cast projectile weakness for 100% pierce. You don't get that nasty 50% less damage from chain so you can stack ailments easier and it cost way less mana so you can drop some mana and regen passives. More effective IMO!

I really enjoy the autonomy of chain though. Doesn't require you to line enemies up in order to hit large groups.

I did not realize that quality of additional accuracy gave crit chance. Clearly adding that to my list to buy.
I think it's without a doubt 20% quality additional accuracy. +1000 accuracy, 40% crit, no mana cost. It adds DPS and survivability, as you get no leech from those shots that miss.
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
Last edited by datbabykilla on Apr 29, 2013, 12:50:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info