Lab for trans gems SUCKS SO BAD

Been doing Uber lab for transfigured gems for the last 4 hours and STILL don't have both of my REQUIRED gems to play the build.

THIS IS TORTURE FOR SSF PLAYERS, I WANT THIS FIXED IT SUCKS SO MUCH AND I HATE LAB.

It is an out dated mechanic which is very clearly designed to be as frustrating as possible and BEING FORCED TO DO THIS BEFORE I CAN PLAY THE GAME IS CRINGE

MAKE ALL TRANS GEMS PURCHASABLE FROM THE SHOP OR RIOT

OR at the very least LET IS PICK WHICH ALTERNATE VERSION WE ACTUALLY WANT INSTEAD OF BEING IT RANDOM COS "HAHA PLAYER CANT HAVE FUN ON THIS GAME"
Last edited by Ayxera on Apr 22, 2024, 2:51:35 AM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2024, 11:50:33 AM
Riot all you want you chose that mode lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Imagine thinking the game HAS to be shit for SSF players because "hurrrrr you chose ssf"
Last edited by Ayxera on Apr 22, 2024, 2:52:31 AM
Yes you're the one that chose that mode so yes it is literally your fault when the game is balanced around trading.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Yes you're the one that chose that mode so yes it is literally your fault when the game is balanced around trading.

Its a skill gem dude, there is no reason why it should be painful to get.
you think it would be **easier** to get if it was still a heist only reward?????
"
Ayxera wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Its a skill gem dude, there is no reason why it should be painful to get.

no point wasting time with RNG. lab sucks anyways. i don't think GGG is gonna make anything less RNG than what it is right now. Path of Jackpot

but SSF balanced around trade? wth why?
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
Trans gems, much like alt gems, are loot.

Building defining loot, extends beyond trans gems; there are many other items, such as uniques, to which this applies. Choosing SSF, knowing you have build restrictions based on loot is your own fault.

SSF choice, but wants SSF to be less SSF.

Two solutions already in the game for you are as follows:

Spoiler

1)dont play that build in SSF.

or

2)dont play SSF.

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

This.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
As usual we get those arguing the position of "this is how it was introduced therefore it must never change" which is a completely flawed logic statement. It supposes that everything GG does is perfect and that improvement on something is simply impossible.

If you go back far enough, GG even understood this type of thing was a problem and provided a solution. Certain regular gems are only available from vendors to specific character types. Yes you could go to market and purchase the missing gems, or you could luck out and find them in the wild, or you could create a mule character and trade them between your own characters. But ultimately GG recognised it for what it was: needless busy work that was actually an inhibitor to what the game was about... which was playing the game.

So we got our gem vendor at the sixth Act and they could be invited to our hideout for convenience. Huzzah for player agency!

Then in a desperate act to make Lab somehow relevant when most players loath it, they made certain gems only available through that mechanism and of course added a layer of unnecessary RNG on top of that... because won't that be more fun!

Of course, there never seems to be a cogent justification for why, if it's simple and cheap to trade for a gem and therefore not very meaningful, couldn't acquisition be made a little easier for all players? I mean, what is anyone losing by making such a change? It really just seems to be an irrational anger to players that choose SSF as a game option.

Or to flip this on it's head, if it's such great design for Transfigured gems to be gated behind Lab RNG, surely it would just as great design to put all gems in that same outstanding piece of game content? Even a simple minor adjustment of allowing a player to choose the specific alternative for a gem when it was placed in Uber lab would be a welcome QOL change. No RNG necessary.

The reality is that there is no good justification to this implementation and it is quite indefensible.
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
you think it would be **easier** to get if it was still a heist only reward?????
Nobody said that, and these gems were never heist-only.

Indeed, the fact that there were once skill gems in Heist and now there aren't should highlight that it's entirely possible, and okay, if the same is one day true for the labyrinth.

"
Chickenwink wrote:
SSF choice, but wants SSF to be less SSF.
SSF is solo self-found. That's it, that's the entire definition. Unless it starts including group play and trading things between players, it will never be "less SSF", and nobody is asking for it to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info