200+ Latency on all gateways

Hello, normally I play smoothly on Sao Paulo servers with around 30 to 50 ping, but since this past wednesday, my ping has gone up to 200+ and this is true for every gateway, not just the Sao Paulo one, and it still hasn't gotten any better

This problem only affects Path of Exile, every other game and program that requires an internet connection works just fine
This is what WinMTR shows, using the address at the end of Client.txt as host, while sitting idly in my hideout

https://pastebin.com/V9gyxWuX

So far, I have tried:
- Switching between wireless and ethernet cable connections
- Re-installing the game
- Power-cycling my network
None of this seems to have done anything at all, and since this is only an issue with Path of Exile, I don't have many ideas on what to do next, so please, if anyone can suggest what else I can do to try to solve this, feel free
Last edited by Yampey1 on Apr 20, 2024, 8:24:56 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 1:17:44 PM
Unfortunately I have no suggestions, but I have also experienced the same on the CAD East server (and every other server in general).

Every server seems 80-150ms higher than normal and spikes randomly and consistently. CAD East is borderline unplayable. I have only been able to play this weekend on Texas, as it seems to hover more consistently around 60ms and doesn't spike.

Tested my connection, its good. All other online games are playing normally for me.
What is the common denominator here?

FYI OP it is you, if all servers show the same spike then it is almost certinly a problem in the first few hops at your end.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Same here.... All other games/services perform just fine but all of the Poe servers are much higher than usual. I usually play on Canada or Texas from 35-45ms. Cali says 60 but it immediately spikes up to 120+

"
FYI OP it is you

I have the same problem and I live nowhere close to the OP
same problem eu servers good job ggg
Got the same problem, every few minutes my ping goes up by ~100ms on all gateways, then back to normal after another few minutes and again...my internet connection seems fine, got normal ping to any other site.
Canada East has been like this all day. Strangely some areas like the Menagrie and Lab are immune [30ms] while Hideouts, random maps and Sanctum are stuck at 100ms.
This started happening to me too few days ago. I am from Serbia (EU) and all of the servers are 130+ ping except for UK, which makes me think there is some problem with routing either with my ISP or the problem is somewhere else. Either way, just have to wait it out I guess.
Also have been experiencing this, just for a few days now. I've tried everything, thinking it was on my end but could swear it wasn't. And now seeing this post with many others in the exact same boat, it couldn't be just myself.
Like someone earlier had said, some places are rock bottom steady normal latency. But most areas are over 100ms when usually they're 30-50.
On average though, most areas are 110-135 for me in game, and not even steady either. Just rocky.
And when it comes to the server selection, it's always 70ms+ added on now. Just since the past few days. Very frustrating, and keeping me from enjoying and even playing all together for the most part.
(Canada East here)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info