Necropolis Feedback

Hello there,

I am enjoying the Necropolis mechanic this is the exact type of crafting mechanic we need to make the game more fun & crafting more tangible. As much as I enjoy it I really do hope that it becomes a permanent mechanic added to standard & kept on the atlas passive tree. Allflame embers are a really great way to possibly add in future or past forgotten mechanics back into the game.
The update to making crafting easier has proven useful however I do feel the drop rate of corpses could be better.

Since I have spec into the corpses on the atlas I feel my luck with getting corpses has gone down. Having 100% more likely for uniques, meta, & modifiers all I seem to be getting constantly is +1 explicit modifier & -1 explicit modifier. I haven't been getting anything else lately in the past 300 maps I rarely see a unique & since this I haven't gotten a single caster corpse.

I hope in the future the passives are looked into to make the corpses have a better pool. As for the changes to the passive I think there should be a few changes. On some mechanics for example legion some of it's circles are quicker to reach by cutting through another mechanic for example the first legion circle on the right side if you cut through the jun circle to get to it it only takes 8 points to reach it but if you go through the 2% maps & 3% more scarabs it takes 9 points to make it to the same circle. I think it should be balanced no matter which route you take to get to any circle it should cost the same amount of points you shouldn't be forced to have to cut through one mechanic to save one point to reach the mechanic you want.

Unwavering Vision as a passive should also in addition modify the small passives 3% more scarabs to something else it's not right that you have to spec into these small passives to reach Uv then know before specing into it all these small passives are going to waste.

Part 2: The Bad Optimization & Crashes!

I'm on a PS5 & this league I have been crashing constantly in 6 man groups with people running detonate dead. I don't know if it's the cause of multiple monster packs lying on top of each other with corpses spawning from the skill & then the dd goes off. I have had some crashes happen with multiple monster packs being dead on top of each other that I could not walk over to that part of the map because my game would just freeze for 5 minutes then I would be disconnected like I hit logout. This has happened multiple times that I would need another person who wouldn't crash for some reason go over there & blow up all the corpses so I can walk through the area without getting disconnected.

When is the optimization coming when is the PS5 version coming? This is the only game that constantly crashes on a PS5 & takes 5 minutes or more when it says on the dashboard closing this game... I am really concerned about PoE making the Playstation 5 console crash or just go haywire when an error occurs. There really needs to be a focus on optimization so things run smoothly & please fix this cursed bug that has been here since the beginning of the game that every time we load somewhere someone gets bugged out & they have to restart their game in order to join groups again.

I really would rather not have a new league for 3 months if it means you developers will spend more time working on optimization to increase performance on console. It's just weird how some of these bugs don't start happening till you coop with people & some have been around since synthesis league but just left ignored & unresolved.

-Shrines-
The pickup radius when in a group is horrible everyone basically needs to be on top of each other in order to get the shrine buff the radius needs to be increased to the size of the xp range one screen and a half. When running 6 man groups it's unfortunate we have speedy gonzalezs to roadrunner to shrines & hit them but everyone not on top of him does not get it even though it is within your screen view. This really should be worked on & corrected.

-Beyond Demons-
Are their drop rates bugged? I am fully speced into beyond demons & the big circles I have speced for the Swarming Hive & nobody drops divination cards even K'tash does not drop divination cards every time I kill him. I even tried the currency Pale Clarion & they rarely drop any whenever tainted currency drops it's always just 1 jewelers & tainted armor scrap. As many maps as I ran I would have thought maybe I would have stacked 50 or maybe 100 but the currency barely drops I feel like i'm running beyond demons with only the increase chance to spawn them. It's not rewarding enough to be lucrative & if it is bugged with the divination cards could you fix it because really it's not fair to not see one single divination card drop drom a beyond demon or K'tash.

I will post with more as I discover more things to talk about.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3516602

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3046817
Last edited by TrueDeMoN100 on May 1, 2024, 12:22:29 PM
Last bumped on May 1, 2024, 12:22:46 PM
I doubt Necropolis will go to standard with this state. Crafting 4-6 t1 mod items are too deterministic, its time consuming but its 100% crafts.

I guess crafting part needs to be "sticky" and not fun to counter its effectiveness, there will always be bottle neck corpses that you will be looking for.

I only hate part that it only holds 64 corpses. I had mine full + 5 stash tabs and I still had to buy 1/3 of needed corpses for full graveyard craft. Searching filled corpses on console market is hard, nothing is categorized!

"you shouldn't be forced to have to cut through one mechanic to save one point to reach the mechanic you want"

I cant agree with that.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
I hope you realize when a mechanic becomes permanent it's modified so think about that. If it was permanent you wouldn't see it every map pop up it would be hard to spawn like any other mechanic because the mechanics pool dilutes the odds. I imagine the atlas passives would be changed abit to increase odds of spawn & the corpse modifier bonuses probably be condensed into one passive they can figure that out. It would probably be a long term investment to perfectly craft something just like it's a long term investment to make an Alva temple only have every room as Wealth of the Vaal.

I am not sure what you mean by the crafting needs to be sticky & not fun to counter it's effectiveness if you could be more specific in your explanation? As for 64 corpses in the morgue yes I wish it was more because I keep getting tons of 1- or +1 to explicit modifier, item is corrupted with 50% chance of corrupted implicit, 40 effectiveness of x corpses adjacent of this one, & reroll linkes with the most links possible, Even with the change of coffining the corpses for free I have filled up 3 of my quad stash tabs with coffins already & like you I have to try to buy what i'm actually looking for even though I've fully spec into the corpses necropolis atlas passives. If anything they should give us a coffin locker which has a slot for each mods & like a currency tab let us hold 6000 of the same coffin with the same mod in that one slot.

Why don't you agree with the pathway should be even to not have to sacrifice an extra point. If I want to take the scarab route to the legion in the bottom right why should I have to spend one extra point just because I purposely do not want to go through the jun circle to get there. Maybe I don't want the extra chance for jun to spawn & dilute my odds of mechanics I want to spawn further. So why should I be forced against my will to cut into jun to save one point?

Mechanic roulette is Alva, Einhar, Jun, Niko, Necropolis, Ritual, Ultimatum, Harbingers, Heist, Harvest, Monolith, Tormented Spirits, Beyond Demons, Breach, Trial of Ascendency, & Abyssal Depths. If I want to keep all these minimal chance except for one mechanic I shouldn't have to be forced to spec in one extra point just to keep all these at minimal except for one mechanic or take the other route which is to partially increase one mechanic just to save one point to get to the one you actually want.

This issue can also be observed parallel of the tree if you wanted to spec into the necropolis circle in the bottom left. You have to be forced to cut into the blight circle to save one point or spend one extra point because you went the scarab/map connected path to reach it. Not that blight effects necropolis mechanic but the point is you still have to cut into one mechanic to save one point to reach another. I think every path way should have the same amount of points to reach each mechanic without being forced to choose cut into one to save one point or spend one extra point because you don't want to affect that mechanic you have to cut into.

If you can explain in full detail why you disagree with that I am happy to read on.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3516602

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3046817
Last edited by TrueDeMoN100 on Apr 6, 2024, 4:05:38 PM
i like the league, but the coffin market F?"#"* suck. sure the trade website is a great tool but most ppl dont answer trade because we have the market.

i doubt GGG ever played on console, scrolling 500+ pages of coffin and on most page you have nothing that pop up with your filter. A filter that can only fit 1 thing, so you have to go over an other 500+ pages for your other coffin that you want. jewel is an other good exemple for this, but coffins is the worst ever.

GGG you must either scrap the market to force ppl to use the website OR make better filter on the market and dont make items show up when they arent part of your filter. there is 31 match of the craft i want, more than enough, but more then 500+ i have yet to find the 1st 2.

Fix the market pls, no wonder ppl quit more and more this great game.
Sorry for late reply.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

In Link above developer explains why for exanple trade needs to be sticky(I dont 100% agree with it). It just a simple concept that some things should be a little bit slower and have extra time value added to it just because its "sooooo good". Some sort of cost of opportunity.

Same as above atlas tree should have cost of opportunity pathings, there should be some better strats or league mechanic combos which makes you save points. Now I agree that it sucks wasting extra points, but some people like that complexity and will try to find best method to minmax tree.

Without that complexity I imagine we would have less choices, you ether go left or you go right. Linear passive tree. One way or another its really hard to balance tree for every player(and also time consuming)
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info