Incursion Scarab of Timelines

The itemised Temple dropped from Incursion Scarab of Timelines does not follow the area level where the Incursions are done. Using it in T16 maps I've gotten low level temples. It isn't mentioned in the scarab that it's an intended interaction, and it doesn't seem to be random, so I assume it's a bug.

From my testing it seems like assuming you're running solely T16 maps and have Artefacts of the Vaal allocated on the Atlas passive tree, using a Incursion Scarab of Timelines with 12 incursions remaining results in an area level 37 itemized temple at the end of the incursions, using it with 8 incursions remaining results in an area level 65 itemized temple, and with only 4 incursions remaining (final map before it's finished) results in an area level 83 itemized temple.
Last bumped on May 14, 2024, 6:15:47 PM
recognized this bug too.

from a fresh run with 12 remaining i got an temple with area level 33.
Temple usually "record" the highest map tier you did, to set the temple area level. If you use the scarab on fresh temple, for which you didnt run any incursions yet, it may not know what item level to chose, so im guessing it may "fallback" to soome default minimum number. I neverused scarab on fresh temple, and i didnt noticed any issues.
So maybe you need just finish all incursions, and end alva mission on high area level, to perma set area level for temple.. But that are just guesses.
Have we gotten confirmation on whether or not this behavior is intended? Getting low level temples kind of ruins the scarab for all uses other than getting t3 gem or item double corruptions.
I was wondering where these low level Chronicles of Atzoatl were coming from. I was so confused when I saw a bunch of garbage dropping. I thought my loot filter was messed up, and then I noticed the low area level.

I have been using the scarab in T16 maps. Super confusing that they don't drop with the same area level as the map.
Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours.
Indeed the temple zone levels are all over the place and it's very annoying.

I'm noticing another major bug with the temples generated by the scarabs: when you get a Shrine of Empowerment (or any upgrades of that room) the upgrades are NOT applied to the adjacent rooms on the final itemized temple!

It's mostly remarkable when you get a Temple Nexus, which should upgrade every adjacent room regardless of connections, but actually does nothing!

Here is a screenshot: you can see two level 1 rooms next to the Temple Nexus, which shouldn't be possible.

Actually devs had answered, but in another thread

Feel free to make quoted reply over there: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3506376 (or here for related to the scarab's dupe mechanic but regarding the room level https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3504657)
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on May 5, 2024, 8:39:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info