It should be Called P.O.T. not P.O.E.

So after much deliberation I believe with current inventory management, the games short initials should be renamed to represent the true endgame, "Path of Tetris."

"Too much clutter"
I mean not really. It's just that a ring, a helmet, and three axes you never meant to pick up have eaten 10 blocks. The loot filter hid everything of value (superior's, slim yellows, medallions, orbs, (armor for set building) But those two socket, no link, white axes RULE! let's show 15 of them, just make sure you hide the belts which can go under them and stack for easy resources.
I'm getting off track that's a different post.

There really needs to be an inventory system rework here, I mean if it's an intentional slow down I suppose that would be fine if seasonal content wasn't limited time.
The easiest solution would be to minimize item block assessment, reduce the overall size of the backpack if needed and make it all "auto fit" when needed.
Tabs should be half the space with twice the stacks and 50% size reduction of items.
We should also be able to segment folders into variable quantities allowing for "all orbs"
My dream sorting ability would be a simple "remember last placed row, column, location etc.

Why do maps have a huge inventory quantity and tiny quality modifier? To eat time in the hopes a player will server time-out and lose everything of value?
What's worse is the server time out mixed with the fact that even when reusing a previous posted portal in a map it EATS a return-to-map portal.
If I don't die then why? I can't easily dump file my stuff and get back because organization is terrible, so it becomes a race. Accidentally click your last stay resident portal due to terrible highlighting? don't worry you've lost everything.

The more players can pick up, the more they have a need for tab storage... you guys are literally cutting your equity by maintaining a broken mechanic.

Further, tab spaces need custom affinities so we can decide where things go. With the current overlying rucksack configuration, It is absurdly tedious to have a need to "hide" special keepable items on the bottom left so that new quick drop items don't go to an obscured location.
Why can't we define affinities for a rucksack?

Why do things fill in from the top down? I live in an English speaking country where naturally MY eyes scan left to right then down...Just like this post. Why can't we define this?

It isn't fluid it isn't fun, and overall it eats completely into gameplay enjoyment.

Lastly and to be touched on later, can we PLEASE for the love of all things holy get right stick pointer support for console controllers.
I try to navigate the Ascendancy tree and I feel like I'm witnessing an 8 year old having an epileptic seizure. It's all over the place. Both PS5 as well as 4 support this (witnessed in other games) and I would be astonished if x-box didn't.
The fact that we cannot completely "custom map" controller function is by all standards an epic fail. Again later post.

-Xzelian
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2024, 10:02:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info