Controller support improvement suggestion

We need an "interact" action that can be mapped to a button like a skill so we can interact with objects (eg chests, strogboxes, loot, hands, etc) while surrounded by enemies. It could even show the button icon over the object like it is today with the fixed one. Doing breaches with a controller is a pain because the lack of such feature.
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2024, 8:46:38 PM
Or just make default A/X be not mapable for skills and make it the default interact button. You can still keep Rt+Lt versions of the button and only lose one skill slot in the process.

The current method is very cumbersome in high density situations where stopping=death
Yes X/A should be only a loot button. I seldom put a skill there and even empty it will try to cast a non-existent skill if a creature is targeted. The only function to it is as the pseudo replacement of cast on movement. But sounds like that will be fixed with next patch. It would be a dream come true to have this added into the change as well.

For NPC talking within maps, it could be a 'press and hold' button feature so we don't accidentally talk to them at times we don't intend to. IE Cassia when wanting to start her encounter.
Agree it's frustrating with things like breach, but I disagree about the suggestion, at least if it's not something you can change. Because I need all 4 front facing buttons for skills, and would ideally have more tbh, but that's kinda tricky lol.

Can't have an active skill there tho, but something like Arcanist brand usually works. Will put down random brands when I try to interact with things, but at least it works, and I can even open doors, haha. That didn't work with some skills.
What we need is the ability to fully map all controller functions. KB/Mouse players need to be able to do the same. I recently saw a post by a youtuber elated that they will finally have W,A,S,D movement support.

...what?
I mean seriously?

This is first year coding requirements here and more often then not If I download a game, see the option doesn't exist it goes immediately into deletion.
The ability to map skills here was a middle ground I could accept, but FPS muscle memory is still getting in the way at times with flask use assignments.
trigger buttons for me (in my case the ones as large triggers are slower to respond and I use the "claw" method of holding a controller.) are aim and fire, forever and always amen.
Placing a limited resource perma-bind control there is just plain abusive in my mind.

Lack of ability to customize controller functions is simply put a level of self importance by devs that is either incompetence, laziness, or lack of understanding regarding what some players truly require.
Full TLDR on this later.

-Xzelian
Last edited by Xzelian on Feb 26, 2024, 10:35:53 AM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Agree it's frustrating with things like breach

This reminds me of another thought that I had. When I turn off the loot highlighting all of the breach stuff is gone too, same with expedition. It would be an improvement for the hide loot button to not hide those types of things so we can interact with what we need to in a reasonable time without needing to move the right joystick while also hitting a button also on the right side of the controller.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info