Console In-Game Chat Needs a Dropdown List of /Commands

Hey GGG!

Consoles suck to type on. Even though Xbox (no clue about PlayStation) lets people use the Xbox app to type on the keyboard, I'm typically using my phone for PoE stuff while I'm playing your game. Using the console's keyboard with an analog stick is so time-consuming that I normally don't even bother with it if I have to type/search more than a couple of letters.

Sooooo, I was thinking that it would be nice to have all of the game's in-game /commands listed in a dropdown menu somewhere. /passives, /reset_xp, those things would be great. The list could be organized alphabetically, but then have a small section close to where the user's selection originates, that has some recently used /commands.

Non-PC console players aren't always "in the know" that "/commands" are even a thing in games. So having the list available would 1) make them aware of the feature, and 2) have the /command feature taken advantage of as a QoL.

Thanks! Good luck the rest of the league.

Wrecker.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2024, 9:07:05 AM
I think this would be an absolutely brilliant implementation to save us from typing on controller which is time-consuming and inefficient
Can we have South African Servers on console please? Thanks
Think this is a good idea as well.

It does help a little that the "keyboard" on at least PS5 lists recently used commands or words, so when I write "/" it will often list e.g. /deaths so I can select it a little quicker. But a dropdown list would be even better, as that way people can know about this without needing to type out /help or whatever that command is.

As an aside, I would also love some way to store text in the game, or access recently used filters/text. Happens quite frequently that I type something up in the filter for the trade board, regex for an item I'm looking for for example. Then I need to go to the inventory and pick up currency to make the offer, and then the whole thing is lost and I'd need to retype it. Same with the stash if it's closed down and reopened. All is gone.

On the crafting bench, I'd love a way to scroll down faster, for example to get to the sockets recipe faster, like being able to skip over categories, or minimise them. E.g.: minimise prefixes and suffixes. That way I won't have to scroll past 200 lines each time (or need to type in a filter using the very slow controller 'keyboard').

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info