Enigma Hideout - much potential, questionable execution...

Hey so...
there are 2 major points that kind of bug me...
first of all, the bundled map device barely fits 3-4 spots in the whole hideout... not with the intention to trash talk anyone, but... is this really intended?
literally all big map devices are borderline not usable without either restricting movement or aesthetics. :(

but what's quite a bit worse, yet potentially easier to fix...
no matter which settings i use, the amount of exposure/ brightness in the hideout is hideous.

comparing the lighting in a map

with the lighting in the enigma hideout

and with the elemancer weather thing set to fire

I really have to say the lighting in maps, and with the weather thing, is good, feels alright.
but even the stash just feels pale when using the "standard weather"
this effect gets even stronger when using bloom

i understand that the hideout most likely wont see any changes to make big map devices fit... even tho it is sad to see that you cannot really use the bundled map device freely in it...

Changing the lighting would be a lovely and unfortunately somewhat mandatory adjustment... oh, and while taking the screenshots, i also noticed the weather maker thing, doesnt save its state, it reverts to off when the hideout instance gets reset...

Edit:
And i just noticed that the scourge hideout decoration only affects one zone in the hideout... is this intended? :(
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Dec 13, 2023, 1:07:50 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2024, 11:07:02 PM
Another comparison...

Settings:
This is a great list of examples why the hideout is not ideal. There needs to be changes for it to be not just usable but appealing to use.

I appreciate you took the time to take these screenshots and put them side by side.
Eat your vegetables.
Nice write up. I have not decided if I want the highest tier this year or not, maybe I'll upgrade up to the vaal portion of the packs and call it a day.

I love the idea of monster tracking on the large map device, but I would never use it because it would not fit in my hideout.

I've also been curious about the Enigma hideout, as I've not seen many videos on it like I did the Atlas one, so again, thanks for the info.
Bump.
Eat your vegetables.
100% agree here, lighting is bad but the building space is even worse. It's a pathway hideout, lots of pathways that lead to tiny building areas. I felt extremely cramped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info