~STORM BRAND,arc, build need help

i was following a guide from this section but it erased!? and im stuck with the helmet craft :''(
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2023, 3:26:28 PM
I think it was in the PoB. In the notes section.

Hopefully he’s updating for the next league since a lot of the helmet enchants are changing. I’ll check the pob when I get home.
My bad, i was wrong its not in the pob sorry!
Oh, i'm sorry about the unexpected thread removal.

If you have any questions about the build, feel free to hit me in PM here.

1st of all, there is the dowloadable version of page 1 of that guide (download, double click, and it opens in browser), i saved it for future purposes:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gso4d9nkk3sWsxcZF_LkbQXW6kIbttu/view?usp=sharing

VirusTotal 0/90: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/1ff6f2bfd840bd7cb833c54e7600571a49b82c83ead4991c8398eab228e3a426?nocache=1

Then, there is the helmet crafting:

Spoiler
Video by Dumbo: How to craft a GG 6, 7, and 8-link Explosive Trap helmet

We don’t need it for explosive traps either, we need to get just horrored 7-links.

1. Get the Base: Blizzard Crown ilvl 82 (no less).

Ilvl 82 is slightly better than ilvl 83 because the latter has 1 more crit modifier we don’t need, and it lowers the chances to get what we need.

The Blizzard Crown is absolutely a must-have base. It adds cold damage enough to apply chill to enemies, so Hypothermia support would work.

2. Alch if it has a normal rarity. We need 1 empty mod, either prefix or suffix. Throw a couple of chaos if your alchemy orb made 6 mods.

3. Slam the cheapest conqueror exalted orb. Probably Warlord.

4. Harvest Randomise the Influence (1k blue lifeforce) until you get either elder or shaper influence.

5. Use Awakener’s Orb to add an opposite influence to your base. (ex: If you hit elder, add shaper). Check Dumbos video above on how to use it (6:20)

6. Spam Essence of Horror until you get any tier of Hypothermia. You need 1 open suffix and 1 open prefix here. If you fill all suffixes, try to annul the suffix you don’t need before rolling essences again.

You need to annul any useless 3rd suffix unless it’s <Socketed spells have +2% to Critical Strike Chance>

7. Craft Suffixes Cannot Be Changed.

8. Harvest Reforge crit (150 blue lifeforce) to hit <Socketed Spells have +2% to Critical Strike Chance>. You must hit the open prefix here too.

This part is very cancerous and hitting +1% feels bad. But the next part would be way more cancerous, but safe. That is why I recommend doing steps 6-8 until hitting +2%.

9. Craft Suffixes Cannot Be Changed.

There is a way to reduce the cost of this step.
At this point, your helmet should have filled suffixes, so you actually can use Wild Bristle Matron (Add a crafted Meta-modifier to a non-Unique item).
You will always hit “Suffixes Cannot Be Changed” that way, but the cost of the beast is usually lower than 2 divines for bench craft.

10. Orb of Scouring. You will get the item with 0 prefixes and 3 suffixes.

11. Bench craft any tier of Mana to block some bad prefixes.

12. Slam exalts 2 times. Your goal here is to hit any tier of Concentrated effect.

Rinse and repeat steps 9-12 until you get it.

Finish the helmet by crafting <+1 level to Socketed AoE gems>

Finally, some explanation about the thread removal:

I wanted to take a huge break from the PoE for about 9 months bc of the study, and removed the thread bc it takes time to keep it up. A lot of time, actually.

I wasn't planning to play 3.23 at all, but GGG released ranged animate weapon, which was my long time dream, so yeah. I have to play it for a week or two.

I won't play Arc+SB hiero in 3.23, even if things look really good for this build.

First of all, removing enchants and cast speed from a storm brand quality kinda hurts, but everything would be a lot better with the secondary ascendancies and renewed heist jewelry anyway. There are a lot of options here to take. (like the new warlock ascendancy to spawn monsters around the boss, or another one with other ascendacy things).

Default Arc got buffed. Surging arc seems good. Oscillating one i don't know, i think it's more for an ignite elementalist.

We don't know if there is a transfigured storm brand yet.

Penance brand catched my eye. I would recommend to try lightning convertion with (lightning mastery is enough) it on a medium budget instead of strom brand.

Kinda this.

Bonus: Simplex amulet for 3.23

Spoiler
1. Alt spam +1 to all lightning.

2. Prefixes cannot be changed.

3. Reforge crit.

4. Repeat until t1 crit multi.

5. There it is, +2 and >80% multi with unstable catalysts.

Imagine hitting cast speed here xD
Last edited by monik390 on Dec 5, 2023, 10:42:53 AM
thanks for the responde my friend. i followed the build and it was an awesome journey to farm and craft. wish you the best wth your studies hope you enjoy ultimatum for 2weeks
^^
thanks for the responde my friend. i followed the build and it was an awesome journey to farm and craft. wish you the best wth your studies hope you enjoy ultimatum for 2weeks
^^
Spoiler
[url]Item Class: HelmetsRarity: RareWoe StarBlizzard Crown--------Quality: +28% (augmented)Evasion Rating: 250 (augmented)Energy Shield: 51 (augmented)--------Requirements:Level: 78Dex: 79Int: 155--------Sockets: B-B-B-B --------Item Level: 83--------Storm Brand Damage Penetrates 12% of Branded Enemy's Lightning Resistance (enchant)--------{ Implicit Modifier — Damage, Elemental, Cold }Adds 84(75-85) to 125(115-128) Cold Damage (implicit)Your Hits treat Cold Resistance as 10% higher than actual value (implicit)--------{ Prefix Modifier "The Elder's" (Tier: 1) — Damage, Gem }Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Concentrated Effect — Unscalable Value24(23-25)% increased Area Damage{ Prefix Modifier "Dragon's" (Tier: 1) }21(19-24)% increased Rarity of Items found{ Master Crafted Prefix Modifier "Chosen" — Gem }+1 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems (crafted)10(8-10)% increased Area of Effect (crafted){ Suffix Modifier "of the Essence" — Damage, Elemental, Gem }Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage — Unscalable Value{ Suffix Modifier "of Shaping" (Tier: 3) — Elemental, Cold, Ailment, Gem }Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 16 Hypothermia — Unscalable Value8(8-12)% increased Effect of Cold Ailments(Cold Ailments are Chilled, Frozen and Brittle)--------Shaper ItemElder Item[/url]
i believe there is still a cached version of the build here

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3390881/page/1

i ended up saving the webpage since there is so much info that is useful here

also wanna send thanks as it was a great build and fun to push to endgame, managed to make a nice ammy and helmet, helm was the best most powerful thing ive ever made in poe

Last edited by sarumusha on Dec 6, 2023, 3:27:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info