Absolution and totems

If absolution is set up on spell totem with multiple totem support, will the sentinel itself (and not just the original spell) cause less damage?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 7:29:51 AM
According to the Wiki, yes. Much like Spell Echo, Spell Cascade, etc., damage increases and reductions to the base spell will effect the Minion's damage (same with cast speed, life and so on). The minions will not inherit things like Spell Cascade or Spell Echo as well. I hope this helps, and good luck
"
Baelethir wrote:
According to the Wiki, yes. Much like Spell Echo, Spell Cascade, etc., damage increases and reductions to the base spell will effect the Minion's damage (same with cast speed, life and so on). The minions will not inherit things like Spell Cascade or Spell Echo as well. I hope this helps, and good luck

Yes, that helps, thank you.
I'm having a hard time figuring out how much damage these sentinels do, since the tooltip etc. also only shows the damage for the initial part of the spell which does a tiny bit of damage.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
fwiw the guy that responded is incorrect.
Your damage with the skill will decrease, but the minions have their own skill, which is not supported by the spell totem, and will not have it's damage decreased.
You can see all this information in POB.

The sentinel does two abilities, absolution and a default attack.

Adding spell totem link is decreasing the damage of both the players absolution and the sentinels absolution. It decreases both the cast speed and the damage per hit. It doesn't decrease the default hit damage of the sentinel in POB because that is an attack, and spell totem support is applying to the spell of the absolution minion. Attack supports affect the default attack, i'm not sure how much the sentinels use that, or if it has any relevance for spell totem absolution, haven't player absolution for a while.
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 15, 2024, 10:11:35 PM
"
Belegur85 wrote:
You can see all this information in POB.
It doesn't decrease the default hit damage of the sentinel in POB because that is an attack, and spell totem support is applying to the spell of the absolution minion. Attack supports affect the default attack, i'm not sure how much the sentinels use that, or if it has any relevance for spell totem absolution, haven't player absolution for a while.
Absolution is a skill that summons minions. Spell Totem support lessens all damage of supported skills (not just spell damage). All stats from the skill are copied to minions summoned from it. This means absolution sentinels have ~40% less damage (globally) which affects their attacks as well as spells.

And yes, while it's not relevant in this case since sentinels don't use attacks, it may still be helpful when it comes to spectres.
"
Absolution is a skill that summons minions. Spell Totem support lessens all damage of supported skills (not just spell damage). All stats from the skill are copied to minions summoned from it. This means absolution sentinels have ~40% less damage (globally) which affects their attacks as well as spells.

I agree with this, but when I'm toggling spell totem support in POB, the default attack values do not lower the same way they do for the absolution cast of the sentinel. This might be incorrect in POB, but I think the skill does have some quirks with how it works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info