Will PoE be like Runescape?

Do you think PoE1 will be last as long and reach a classic status like Runescape?

Thought just popped up as I wonder if PoE1 will ever transition into an offline game into the future or have dedicated servers similar to how Runescape kept theirs

Just to clarify, not comparing the two games in terms of gameplay, but in terms of longevity
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2023, 1:55:43 PM
I do not think PoE1 will ever have an offline version.

I do think PoE1 will go on for a long time though.
"
sumfight wrote:
I do not think PoE1 will ever have an offline version.

I do think PoE1 will go on for a long time though.

Oh that's fair, and something I'll be glad to stand behind. The gameplay loop of this game is just something else <3
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
"
Cowrex wrote:
Do you think PoE1 will be last as long and reach a classic status like Runescape?

Thought just popped up as I wonder if PoE1 will ever transition into an offline game into the future or have dedicated servers similar to how Runescape kept theirs

Just to clarify, not comparing the two games in terms of gameplay, but in terms of longevity

I think POE 1 will go on as long as its profitable.

I think you'll slowly see league support die off, especially if people are only buying MTX in POE2 and not 1.

Before I get the "MTX is shared herpaderp" comment, what I'm referring to is the skill MTX. IE: if Tornado shot doesn't exist in POE2, there is no MTX to transfer.

I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing 6-12 month leagues or something like that in POE1, while POE2 keeps the 3-4 month rotation. Not at first obviously, but a couple years down the road. Look how they treated SSF challenge leagues on console, they outright said they didn't have enough players (profits) to care about supporting them. POE1 will eventually get he same fate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info