[3.24] Jugg EK, tanky caster/impaler | cheap | 10 mil ^ phys DPS

3.23 UPDATE:

Spoiler

Build works fine in this league.
The changes do not have a significant effect, but some changes should be applied in build.

I recommend Primalist Affliction anscedency.

Changes: removed helm enchant, we lost part of mana reservation, the solution is to use charm with increased mana reservation, or thee small clusters with that mod.

I recommend using "normal" Ethereal Knives or Ethereal Knives of the Massacre (fires projectile in circle) for better map clearing.

Hi exile,
I am happy to share with you a very interesting Juggernaut, Ethereal Knives caster build.
Ethereal knives is "old" well known physical and projectile spell.
Build reaches over 10 mil. dps, has good survivability and fast mapping and all this costs no more than 20 divine because used items and clusters are very cheap.

Build is based on the interaction of several unique items: Trypanon, Sandstorm Visage, Marylene's Fallacy and Entropic Devastation gloves.
Spoiler

Combo: Trypanon, Sandstorm and Marylene's Fallacy give us 60% base spell crit and with only 70% increased crit chance from other source we easily reach 100%.
Thanks to Entropic Devastation this means that every spell hit inflicts Impale with a 30-50% increased effect.

Other sources of dps are: cluster jewels, cast speed, +gems level, etc.

Juggernaut was chosen to easily make the character tanky, because the items used do not have good defense properties.

Other equipment:
Lioneye's Vision is the best body's choice, it gives us pierce and high armour stats.

Rings, belt and boots: priority resist, life and attribute cap.
If you manage to do that with one free ring, choose Death Rush for the other one.

Jewels: life, cast speed and shock avoidance in order to use the Stormshroud jewel.

Auras: Pride, Determination, Haste, Zealotry, Herald of Purity and Vitality.

My full gear, gems, jewels and flask:
Spoiler

POB:

https://pastebin.com/sgULutqv

https://pobb.in/N3Oz4nSXyn1l

Some screanshoot:
https://ibb.co/8NCqdVS
https://ibb.co/bPXv01r
https://ibb.co/mBfTYQG

Videos
Maping preview (sorry for bad quality) https://youtu.be/wRvzStk8ffQ

Thanks!

Last edited by xaerobb on Apr 5, 2024, 7:45:46 AM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2024, 6:13:53 PM
Your build looks really interesting and I'm thinking of levelling a Jugg to try this build. I'm tired of playing hollow palm tho. Do you have any levelling tips or guides?
"
Lorne7 wrote:
Your build looks really interesting and I'm thinking of levelling a Jugg to try this build. I'm tired of playing hollow palm tho. Do you have any levelling tips or guides?

This is not a start up build for several reasons: we are making a caster build in a melee environment and the unique items that are necessary have certain requirements.

So it is best to level up with some melee skills that you have good experience with.
I see you started with Smite, I think that's a good choice.

My recommendation is to go to lvl 60-70 with melee, force melee stats on passives as well, and then switch to EK and build items/passives.
Looks interesting. I would love to see a mapping showcase though.
"
xaerobb wrote:
"
Lorne7 wrote:

This is not a start up build for several reasons: we are making a caster build in a melee environment and the unique items that are necessary have certain requirements.

So it is best to level up with some melee skills that you have good experience with.
I see you started with Smite, I think that's a good choice.

My recommendation is to go to lvl 60-70 with melee, force melee stats on passives as well, and then switch to EK and build items/passives.

Thanks I decided to go hollow palm in the end and I'm currently levelling it. Any tips for a higher investment build? And how well do you think a headhunter would work with this build? The concept is really cool so I couldn't help but be attracted to it.
"
Lorne7 wrote:

Thanks I decided to go hollow palm in the end and I'm currently levelling it. Any tips for a higher investment build? And how well do you think a headhunter would work with this build? The concept is really cool so I couldn't help but be attracted to it.

I have shown here a common and cheap version of the build.

Of course, if you like the build, and if you already own oil wells or shares of GGG, feel free to buy yourself HH or Mageblood, it will raise your dps and defense to the sky. :)

In that case you probably need to make some small changes to the passive tree.

An expensive Aspect of Carnage, Forbidden Crimson jewel is also a top choice for rich guys.
Last edited by xaerobb on Oct 6, 2023, 10:38:38 AM
Hey man looks interesting, could you upload some video of how it plays please?

Also is there any reason to use steelskin instead of molten shell or immortal call?

Thanks!
Last edited by mapcar on Oct 9, 2023, 10:40:48 AM
"
mapcar wrote:
Hey man looks interesting, could you upload some video of how it plays please?

Also is there any reason to use steelskin instead of molten shell or immortal call?

Thanks!

Im uploading some video, mapping preview, sorry for the bad quality.

I don't think it matters that much, steelskin or molten shell, use what you are used to until now.
I don't know if you're still invested in this build, but.. what wildwood ascendancy would you use for this build?
"
Bl0rk wrote:
I don't know if you're still invested in this build, but.. what wildwood ascendancy would you use for this build?

No significant changes in 3.23, build works fine.
I play this again.

In the early league I tried this build with Trickster but I switched to Jugg, he is definitely better.

I think Primalist is the best wildwood ascendancy for this build.
Some of the best Charm mods for this build are (and they're not expensive either): armor applies to Fire, Cold and Lightning Damage taken; chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Hit; chance to gain Phasing; increased Effect of Onslaught etc.
Last edited by xaerobb on Jan 16, 2024, 6:44:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info