[3.22] OldRelik's Conversion Holy Relic Guardian

https://poe.ninja/builds/ancestor/character/mshock/OldReliks

Getting some questions on this build so I wanted to do a post addressing the common ones. Sorry for the blob of text, maybe I'll link items/gems and format things later.

The idea is using all green socket Triad Grip to convert Summon Holy Relic's physical damage to cold. Then Cold to Fire Support to convert to fire. Then Sporeguard to convert all of these to extra chaos. With each of these conversions double dipping damage increases it's a fairly low investment way to scale minion damage.

Yes, Sporeguard works great with Culling Strike for reliably triggering corpse explosions/Contaminate, especially in highly scaled content like Delve or juiced maps. In Delve I can stand still in the middle spinning until it's over and the whole node is covered in fungal ground. In lower tier content this will not be as effective since relics kill mobs too quickly/in one hit.

Relic AI (especially with Meat Shield Support) works well with Sporeguard since they stick next to you so for bosses stand still next to them to get the extra chaos damage & damage reduction.

I like using Cyclone to trigger the relics although it does make gearing more difficult due to the dex requirement, however due to the green socket Triad Grip the build needs to go dex anyway.

I ran Static Strike for a previous version of this build many leagues ago and it was fine, and a little easier to gear, but often ran into the situation where it was hard to get the initial hit to start the static even with all of the typical supports. It feels like not being able to start a lawnmower and can lead to unfortunate deaths.

Cyclone is much smoother and gives access to Cast While Channeling but you do have to remember to briefly stop channeling Cyclone every 4 seconds to refresh Bastion of Hope.

Added flat damage used to be the way to go with this build but due to changes to relic damage scaling % damage is better on jewels. Double damage is still great.

The best support minions are Spectres and Animate Guardian, Carrion Golem is no longer very good due to the above.

For spectres take Xoph's Loyal and Xoph's Favoured (found in Xoph breachstone) - these give phys as extra fire and covers enemies in ash. These Xoph dogs are also very tanky. I did try Pale Seraphim but since this build runs Convocation on move click they rarely have the chance to cast their increased dmg taken debuff (takes about 2 seconds to cast). Baranite Clerics get an honorable mention, they grant phys as extra lightning which is better than covering enemies in ash but they are ES defense based so not very survivable. I later added these back into the build for my 3rd spectre on the 6 link.

For Animate Guardian it's the basic build - Leer Cast, Dying Breath, Gruthkul's Pelt, Southbound, and Legacy of Fury. Linked to Increased Minion Life it only dies to more extreme forms of damage like strongbox corpse detonation or very heavy altars + possessed rogue exiles. Get a curse on hit like Enfeeble or Temporal Chains for the Southbounds and as many corruption implicits as you can afford on everything else, it's typically a very cheap setup anyway.

Later I switched to a Kingmaker on my Animate Guardian and moved the support minions into a 6 link on the chest for maximum survivability running fully juiced maps without random minion deaths. Kingmaker gives me culling strike so Cyclone no longer needs the 6 link, although I do miss the Increased AoE on Cyclone and the Sporeguard (Increased AoE supports Contaminate).

Switch Meat Shield to Predator support for bossing if dps is an issue. I don't like running Predator most of the time because trying to target a single mob in PoE is very painful/clunky.

Always keep trigger breakpoints in mind when adding/removing attack speed, PoB will calculate this for you. A lot of the time more attack speed is not better since it will lower the relic trigger rates if you cannot get to the next breakpoint. Things that can help with this are Harvest weapon enchants, the Spiritual Command passive, and the flask suffix/Silver flask. Unfortunately I had to take Spiritual Command because my staff didn't roll high enough on attack speed and every other method of AS investment couldn't quite get me to the next breakpoint.

Currently the build does around 20M dmg which is fine for doing just about everything comfortably. Could get a few more million dps switching to crit but it's a bit awkward getting to the Fearsome Force passive, and would require Vicious Bite clusters, but would take good advantage of Kingmaker's 50% multi. No room to fit Spirit Offering either.

The Brutal Restraint (6343) is giving about 30 dex, 8% life, and 40% minion damage over at the top of Necromancer.

For Tattoos, the block loyalty tattoo (Kiloava) is insane and summons a minion on blocking unique mobs that grants 20% life/mana/ES on block while it's up for 12 seconds, this is huge for bossing or rogue exiles, the minion is basically immortal. Take one maim on hit (Tasalio Bladedancer) for slowing down evasive enemies. The two dex nodes can be either stun avoid (Tasalio Tideshifter) or spell suppress (Ramako Shaman), I'd recommend stun avoid. Of course the +1 int gems notable int passive. Then fill every spare stat with Oak (2% life) or Turtle (3% defense) if you're poor.

Extreme reach stuff - Journey Tattoo of Makanui, it would be great to get Unwavering Stance for stun immunity, there might be a few other interesting Keystones as well.

Stuns aren't a big problem for this build due to Brine King pantheon but a little extra stun and block recovery goes a long way if you can fit it in.

Divine Shield isn't huge defensively, definitely not integral to the survivability of the build but it's only 1 point so decent value.

On hit ES and Life are nice for survivability but keep in mind that these mods obey attack damage scaling so for Cyclone they only give 59% value. They're not really worth investing in on jewels, I just happened to roll the life on hit randomly on my staff.

Mana might be an issue with CWC triggering Wave of Conviction, keep them at level 1 and take Tireless, Quick Recovery, and skills cost 30% life mastery. Probably still need 1 big mana mod on gear somewhere.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the build - feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Last edited by mshock on Sep 16, 2023, 2:08:18 AM
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2023, 12:02:51 PM
Looks very nice. How would you start this build without all these very specific items?

Can you League start it?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Bookwaters on Sep 21, 2023, 6:04:43 PM
Nothing on it is insurmountable for league start, though you might want to level using armageddon brand

https://pobb.in/JgunVPOEQaa_
IGN : Reamus
cok guzel build cuma gunu yapcam saul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info