Xbox trade is out of control

I had planned on playing out this league, but already prices are so ridiculously expensive for items with t3 and t4 rolls up for dumb sh*t like 5d. I won't even get started on unique prices. Almost my entire guild has quit in the second week of the league, and that is no fun so guess I'm out too.

Holler at me GGG when you up and start moderating your trade, because my guild is a bunch of try hards and they still quit. This is zero fun and I would rather not play than deal with putting in eight hours of work to afford a sub-par item.

**edited because I spell gud**
Last edited by Poison0929 on Sep 9, 2023, 9:51:44 PM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2023, 5:52:13 PM
Playstation trade is full of scammers and pricefixers.

I really hope that PoE 2 (or a big update before then) brings a huge change to trade.
The Taming Prismatic ring on average is 15c on pc, currently on Xbox it starts at 40c. I purchased mine last league 2nd week in at 15c on the xbox. It is frustrating the cost of items this league. I understand the base is much larger on the PC than the Xbox but every league prices are going up. I try to grind it out and only buy in desperation. I am not the fastest by far making currency nor do I know all the tricks, etc to manipulate the market and maps. I still try to have some fun when playing!
"
that crimXD wrote:
The Taming Prismatic ring on average is 15c on pc, currently on Xbox it starts at 40c. I purchased mine last league 2nd week in at 15c on the xbox. It is frustrating the cost of items this league. I understand the base is much larger on the PC than the Xbox but every league prices are going up. I try to grind it out and only buy in desperation. I am not the fastest by far making currency nor do I know all the tricks, etc to manipulate the market and maps. I still try to have some fun when playing!

well there are probably thousands of them on PC and a dozen or two on xbox. Going from 15c to 40c is hardly worth worrying about. It's the stuff that's 1-10c that gets priced at 5D that is dumb but those people just won't ever sell those because nobody would buy them.

Item availability is a problem on console though and the price fixers are a problem.
People want to try and justify console prices as a direct result of the whole "supply vs demand" argument, which is utter nonsense.

Sadly, console prices will ALWAYS be more expensive than PC prices because there is less currency in circulation. And sadly, with pricefixers and scammers on the rise and no moderation, it will only get worst.

The only real solution, is to stop using trade. It's not feasible, and practically impossible for a vast majority of players, but boycotting is really the only fix the player-base can do until it is addressed by devs. Will it happen? probably not. But until trade is changed on a fundamental level, and monitored by an impartial party, nothing will change.
Console is expensive because there is no supply. Yesterday i went looking for an amethyst ring with a fractured cold resistance. I didn’t even put a minimum on the resistance and there was zero results in the trade site. Zero.

There are too few players and thus the supply is minimal. Don’t see how this is price fixing or a scam as if you compare do PC there are 100x the listings.

The only fix for console is to have a common market with PC, start at the same time, etc, even if there are separate servers.
I think a large reason for this is that console doesn’t really have bots.

PC is full of bots, so there is way more currency and items in circulation.
Though I am not big fan of the console market, when items are more expensive, you also sell stuff at a higher price than pc.
There are lots of people that put dumb prices for useless item, but my guess is they never sell anything.

What I have seen is that you can expect between 2 and 5 times pc price on console, given how popular is the item. I usually check pc to determine if something is valuable and price it accordingly to sell it fast.

Really good items are hard to come by and therefore far more expensive.

I think the best way is to consider consoles as self found with a very imperfect markets. There are probably a few very dedicated players that basically treat it as an oligopoly, and casual player have to trade by their rules
People just need to understand the we are playing in private league.

We lack dedicated players who put items on the market.

But something needs to be done with obvious pricefixers, one person got like 10 mirrors pricefixed in 20 mirror market.

Somehow I cant see his items on trade website, but clearly they are on ingame trade market.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info