Can't use the "direct whisper" button on the trade site

So I have been having this problem since league start
to every search i make on the trade, the site will put a Yellow triangle with an exclamation icon besides the diret whisper box, and wont allow me to click it
I tried refreshing, disabling add block or even every addon on the browser, tried incognito, fresh install of my browser (brave) and of other browsers too, but still getting the same result
I did got hacked (cause I'm a fucking idiot who clicks links...) and got my account back, so i my theory is that my account is flagged, is there any way to verify it and to ask them to remove?
I am about to just send a ticked, but want to see if it really is a "problem" on their end and not mine
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2024, 3:22:02 AM
Hey Gargarvore, sorry to hear you're having an issue. Would you be able to post an image of the problem?
Hello Jenn

I'm also having the same issue as the OP

When searching or refreshing the side the "Direct whisper" button times out after 5 seconds. This is only an issue on the "search listed items" not the Bulk exchange.
This has been an issue for about 20 days.

This makes the tradesite awful to interact with.

Helpful thing:

I'm in the Nordic EU.
On a windows 10 OS
Using chrome but has the same issue on Edge.
Was not an issue in the beginning of the this league or the last league.
Clearing on trade or browser cache did not resolve the problem.
Disabling all my plugins did not help.
Hi there, Timmpa and Gargarvore.

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. Could you double check that the date and time set on your computer is correct?

If you still encounter any issues after doing so, could you please send us an email at support@grindinggear.com so we can look into this further for you?
I checked the time settings. Tried to change the time to be "Not automatic" but it did not help.

I wrote an email to your support and got an automated message that basically wrote "If it tells you to refresh. Then refresh the page. Hope this helps."

So as you see this is neither a solution not the steps to get to one.
Refreshing the page and rolling down as fast as I can is not a fun and engaging game mechanic.

This is what it looks like. I've been having this problem in Opera GX for like a year now and it's extremely cancerous. Same exact problem as others said, times out after like under 5 seconds proly and then u have to legit refresh the page and scroll and whisper as fast as possible before it times out. Fix this crap already. Idk if it's my session id or wat but pob uses the session id just fine to do trade searches.

Edit: Yo actually I found the fix holy shit boys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defaulting-to-wrong-time-zone/6f5724d1-78a1-487c-8c6b-424db5e97cf5 here's the link that fixed it for me. Basically follow step by step what Talita said. GGG commented that time is wrong which is true but zero help to fix it lmao nice.

Btw I had problems when clicking the set time automatically to update in the settings cuz it would just load forever and do nothing, but if u do it the way Talita said it actually sets it to update with the windows server specified.
Msg me in game if u need build help :), 14k+ hours since 2014.
Last edited by TheInvestor on Apr 6, 2024, 4:05:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info