Why is console season launch a week after pc?

we gotta wait a whole other week... so sad
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2023, 7:49:02 AM
Most likely certification, console manufacturers (at least they say they do) have a checklist to go through before they allow games/updates on their platforms, check if the software runs, if the controls are ok, and all that stuff.
Presumably certification of the league patch, although other devs manage to put out patches and seasons on all platforms at once, so maybe just poor planning.
"
t-H-3_d-O-u-G wrote:
Presumably certification of the league patch, although other devs manage to put out patches and seasons on all platforms at once, so maybe just poor planning.

Yeah, they know when they plan to release next league date. But they still wait till last min. when they could ither postpone pc a week or sent in the console verification stuff week or 2 earlier.

Also it seems unfair pc gets extra 4 hrs ahead on time IMO. (my time) PC starts 3pm.. console is 7pm.

Same release date and time on all platforms is ideal, but GGG is Afraid console players will out play the PC players I guess.
Last edited by Kaotic-Ouch on Aug 20, 2023, 5:30:40 PM
We had some bad starts in the past. If something is buggy/not working in pc and console versions they dont have enough technicians to solve both problems within respectful timeline.

Its hard to fix all problems with pc version(they are working on them as I write).

We even get patches/updates a week later.

Imo I rather see postponed starts without any console related bugs.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last edited by oldwolfsoul on Aug 22, 2023, 7:02:17 AM
The reality is that their loyalty is to their PC player base first, it has existed significantly longer and is vast compared to ours. They, rightly so imo, drop the PC launch first then get to work on the tweaks for console.
The tweaks take about a day, the certification on XBox takes up to three days but is usually completed in 24 hours (I cannot speak to PS certification as I’ve never worked on the platform). They will want to release both console platforms simultaneously.

Edit: Honestly we should be glad of this because the builders have time to get the builds tweaked for new league and GGG release a less buggy version for us compared to day one PC. Additionally our total league time is longer than PC usually, it continues beyond PC league end by more than the late start.
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Aug 23, 2023, 8:43:21 AM
I just wish it was indeed a whole week after the PC launch. It seems like they rather release the console patch as soon as they can but that's 2AM on a workday. Absolutely anticlimactic and tough to plan around.
I'd rather get the proper weekend start on Friday evening.
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info