I found Diablo 3 Altar of Rites uninteresting

It's just an extra progression without meaning to me, similar to paragon.

I enjoy heavy item changes, and i liked whatever the season/buff was, that let us improve our equipped weapons.

I wanted to post this comment on rhykker's, whose video i checked out as soon as i heard there was D3 stuff coming(of which i am still totally bored btw), but i thought to myself, that the comment would just sit there with literally no views, no likes, and in worst case even some needless conflicting responses.

Not to mention that google occasionally asks for my phone number for no reason every now and then. I only ever agreed to hand that out one time when they took over YT, and not as some form of safeguard. People will sell their soul for these safeguards. Oh they already do on their telephone, that they use every day.

The only way, that you can see genuine comments on YT is when the uploader sorts by most liked, and the reader then sorts by newest. But nobody sees that.

I don't like when hype and positivity get cloaked as being relatable and good.

I still remember seeing that 1 person doing rat runs on twitch, which looked boring to play, boring to watch, and not appealing in any way. And i felt not different towards altar of rites. As a meaningless progression with no real choice involved.

I'm also not a fan of the doomsayer tactic of "this will be the last season". I've just been around and i recognize it.

Here is an image of the famed "Grim Dawn", that Rhykker allegedly enjoys. And while i find it hard to question subjective preference, and even makes me look bad for doubting people being positive, i remember actually seeing a really good quality sponsored game on his channel for once. And it had a built-in 100% AFK-function in it. And while i am not able to actually write something good, and even if i did, it would just be treated as being meaningless, you can see how everybody is saying the same thing and essentially just being talked down(and i could also be called out for antagonizing or being negative or simply being obnoxious at this point):

Last bumped on Aug 19, 2023, 10:01:03 AM
Oh and in case that part of my post gets edited and makes me look like i "transgressed", i wnat to make it very clear. I do not like altar of rites. It sounds slightly fun, but was really boring to play to the point, where i didn't evne wanna finish it.

And i am keeping the "wnat" and "evne", because i am human and some typos are okay that way.

I am real. I don't know baout others. Yea im leaving this too, even if it is antagonistic.

Boom bitch.
wow we found one of the three guys still playing d3 xD
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
it is quite boring, uninspired, but thats a compound problem with diablo 3, and actually d4 is suffering the same thing.

it all comes down to foundations, the foundation of an arpg imo is the item system and the skill system. d3 has a truly awful item system and an ok but limited skill system. its not enough.

poe also has an ok skill system but its expansive and it has an amazing item system. this allows them to have a very interesting passive build system because its got an amazing item system and while a little bland it has a huge skill system to interact with. this allows for a really big, detailed crafting system. so now you have tons of interesting builds and rewards which allows for lots of different activities, it snowballs.

diablo 3 just doesnt have that. it fails at the most basic core systems of an arpg which prevents everything else from growing because they have no foundations to build from.

i enjoy d3 for a casual blast through each season, i put in 2-10 days and stomp some monsters. i think the alter is a good addition in the sense that given the game is too bad to support actual good content were inherently limited so something like this is as much as you can really expect, and we got it, its something.

but yes, when all the hype for it when it was first previewed way back, even on paper before we played it we could see its just 'you do more damage, take less damage and drop more items' in the most crude fashion. nothing there really changes anything, the extra damage just gets absorbed by the grift system, you are now farming at 122 instead of 117... the game is literally identical outside of the number on the chart you click to enter the zone. when a primal drops you get 2 instead. its just the same rewards we had before but they doubled it, changes nothing.

but the reality is the game doesnt have the scope or the ambition to add anything better, so at least they added something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info