D4 needs to decide what its competition is.

It needs to decide if POE or Torchlight is its competition.

Literally everyone hates the patch notes of D4, everyone even Quin69.

Either decide it wants to be a casual game and cater to that audience and compete with Torchlight. OR go for the hardcore audience and fuck it casuals and compete with POE.

Currently no one wants to play. This is bad for everyone.

Quin hating on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whhZ3OQ_r0
Last edited by Thesuffering on Jul 19, 2023, 2:39:46 AM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2023, 1:23:05 AM
I kinda doubt Blizzard is giving competition even a single thought. They aren't in it for the long haul to begin with. They milk some money out of their franchise and then move on. The first season of D4 is likely going to be the last that sees any kind of support from blizz. After that you'll get a DLC or 2 if you are lucky and that's it.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
I kinda doubt Blizzard is giving competition even a single thought. They aren't in it for the long haul to begin with. They milk some money out of their franchise and then move on. The first season of D4 is likely going to be the last that sees any kind of support from blizz. After that you'll get a DLC or 2 if you are lucky and that's it.

It really feels this way. It's a shame.
D4 patch notes in a nutshell
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
At the moment they are competing with Wolcen for the crown of hardest tanking playerbase after promising initial launch.
normally i tend to write huge ass posts on my thoughts on a game and how to improve it.

i actually had written a long ass post for diablo 4 on how they could improve it.

then i realized.

1. the devs are green. their decisions so far have seemed to not reflect what players want. why would they listen to what i have to say?

2. they're under actiblizz, i sometimes imagine that the devs really want to implement really fun stuff, but the higher ups keep slamming them down and forcing them to do things certain ways so that they can appear good in the share holder meetings.

3. they've inherited an old system. why did they not improve the system before launch?

recently it has been revealed that they cannot give too many stash tabs coz whenever you are playing with another character, the game will load the other players character, build/skills/stats etc, equipment and ENTIRE STASH.

this was a problem inherited from d3.

knowing this made me feel like theres no hope for d4.

the devs need to know who their AUDIENCE is, rather than their competitors.

they marketed the game to the super casuals. "10 million players experienced d4 on launch week".

how many will stay?

the important numbers to actiblizz is how many players are active and how long theyre active. they need players to play the game for long periods of time to "show off" to their shareholders. but the ones that play longer are the nolifers.

many nolifers have gone for greener pastures.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info