[PoE 3.21] 🔥 THE SPELL FLICKER 🔥 - CwC Bodyswap | 100% Deli maps | Insane clear | Mega AoE | Meme

Hello!

Welcome to the Spell Flicker guide!

In this build, we take the most advantage we can out of Divergent Incinerate by keeping it at max stages all the time and making it so that these stages are never dropped, and of Cast while Channelling Bodyswap.

How the build works:

This is not a normal Incinerate build. This is a Divergent Incinerate with 10 stages and Ashes of the Stars build--yes, that translates into a lot of damage.

Divergent Incinerate with Ashes of the Stars gives 35% more damage per stage, and we have the "Incinerate has +2 to maximum stages" enchant on the helmet. So if we can keep up our 10 stages at all times, that would be a total of 350% more damage, up from 200% from a normal Incinerate. And yes, we can keep up our maximum stages at all times. Cast while Channelling Bodyswap lets us move forward and teleport to packs while NOT dropping the stages.

Thanks to Heart of Destruction, Forbidden Power, and keeping our Incinerate at max stages at all times, we get 71 AoE radius. This makes this build clear really fast, in particular on linear maps like Toxic Sewer, Strand, Alleyways, Belfry, Underwater River, Silo, etc.
Awakened Cast while Channelling makes it so we jump forward every 0.3 seconds, which is plenty fast, as you can see from the video.

Build showcase and in-depth video

https://youtu.be/tas-LR5k2HE

This video contains the build showcase and goes in more detail regarding everything. You can skip to the timestamps.

Pros and cons

Pros:

- Crazy DPS thanks to keeping Incinerate at max stages (40 million clear DPS)
- Very fast map clearing (layout matters if you want to be really fast), flicker-like mechanic with explosions
- Very few builds give you an adrenaline rush like this on linear maps when packs are aligned
- Can do 100% delirious maps
- Can direct yourself on the map, unlike with Flicker Strike
- 1 button to press only: Incinerate
- Can do reflect and cannot leech maps
- Can work with much lower investment
- Bodyswap
- Meme (that works!)

Cons:

- This build is not set up to do uber bosses, although you could swapping out CwC Bodyswap for 2 damage supports
- Flicker-like mechanic is not for everyone
- May not work as well for non-linear maps with packs that are distant and scattered

Gear, gems, flasks and abyss jewels

Helmet

Crown of the Inward Eye is not mandatory, but is good because it gives us both life and damage.

We need a helmet with a +2 to Maximum Stages enchant. It is a LOT of damage. If you cannot find it, the second best is +1 to Maximum Power Charges.

Gems in the helmet are Herald of Ash, Clarity, Arrogance, and level 3 Enlighten.

This reserves life to make space for more auras, as we are low life. We reserve just below 45% of our life to make it so we have overleech with Petrified Blood.

Helmet price: 1 divine

Body Armour

Shroud of the Lightless is great.

Any elemental build works very well with this body armour. This body armour is insane. With 14 abyss jewels, it gives us 42% increased maximum life and 56% elemental penetration.
Try to get it with 3 jewel sockets.

Gems in the body armour are Divergent Frostblink, Petrified Blood, and Portal. You can use Frostblink while channelling, and it will not drop the Incinerate stages.

Body Armour price: 8 divines (the body armour has now tripled in price, but you can grab a 2-socket Shroud for 20c)

Gloves

Command of the Pit gives us Arcane Surge on hit and 2 jewel sockets.

Try to get one with a useful corruption, like critical strike chance for spells, elemental weakness, +1 to maximum frenzy charges, cast speed, or maximum life.

Gems in the gloves are a level 18 Anomalous Steelskin and a level 15 Anomalous Cast when Damage Taken. You do not have to use these levels, use whichever levels you want.
With Ashes of the Stars, the Steelskin quality gives us 25% increased damage taken from the buff.
The Cast when Damage Taken quality makes our Steelskin go from 1.5 seconds duration to 1.8 seconds duration.

Gloves price: 1 divine (this went up since making the Spirit Stacker video)

Boots

Bubonic trail is BiS.

These boots give us 2 jewel sockets, speed, and reservation efficiency.

Gems in the boots are Discipline and Zealotry.

Boots price: 100 chaos (this went up since making the Spirit Stacker video)

Weapon

Any one-handed weapon with support gems for your main spell.

Try to get at least critical strikes support and/or critical damage support, if not both. You can socket the missing support gem instead of Cruelty.
40% more spell damage is mandatory.
+2 to level of socketed support gems for Empower.

For the Crucible tree, +2 to level of socketed spell gems is mandatory.
Try to get another support gem in the Crucible tree, such as Arcane Surge, Faster Casting, or Culling Strikes.
Mine has Arcane Surge, and the more spell damage given by Arcane Surge will apply as we always have it up thanks to our gloves.

Gems in the weapon are Divergent Incinerate, level 1 Bodyswap, and level 4 Empower.
We keep Bodyswap at level 1 for mana management since we only use it for movement.

If you want to know how to craft a similar weapon, I have a crafting guide in the video.

Weapon price: 20 divines (this went up since making the Spirit Stacker video)

Shield

The Squire is very good.

Gems in the shield are Divergent Inspiration, Infused Channelling, and Awakened Cast while Channelling.

Shield price: 24 divines

Rings

1 rare rings with life, resistances if needed, and strength. Make sure your resistances and strength are capped with this.
Optional: critical strike multiplier, cast speed, and/or life on hit with spells.

Crafting - mana cost to channelling skills or reduced mana cost on it will help with mana.

Death Rush gives us insane clear speed, as adrenaline is a huge buff.

Rings price: 6 divines for the rare ring, 90c for Death rush

Amulet

Ashes of the Stars is very good. Note: I sold my amulet before making the forum post, so I cannot link it here.

The amulet is a major component of the build. We want the amulet to have 30% quality on it, and if it has less, your Divergent Incinerate should have at least 23% quality with a 27% quality amulet to reach the quality threshold.
In short, we want Divergent Incinerate to reach 50% quality. This would give us 10% more damage per stage on top of the already present 25% more damage per stage.
The higher the mana reservation efficiency, the better. You can check in PoB for how much aura reservation efficiency between this and the boots you need to run your auras.

I annointed my amulet with Discipline and Training in order to get more life.

Amulet price: 37 divines

Belt

Darkness Enthrones is a good choice.
Try to get it with a good roll.

Belt price: 40 chaos (this went up since making the Spirit Stacker video)

Flasks

Good life flask, like Blood of the Karui.

Bismuth flask with Elemental Resistances suffix to cap resistance without having to worry. Enchant it with “Reused at the end of this Flask’s effect” to have resistances up at all times.

Quicksilver flask and Diamond flask. For suffixes, “Cast Speed during Effect,” “% Critical Strike Chance during Effect,” and/or “% Reduced Effect of Curses during Effect.”
Get your flasks with “increased Charge Recovery” or “Reduced Charges Used.”

Finally, we leave the last flask slot empty for the Traitor keystone.

Abyss jewels

For abyss jewels, the priority is:
critical strike multiplier, life, cast speed on crit > cast speed > added fire damage to spells.

Abyss jewels price: 30-50 chaos
Total abyss jewels price: 400 chaos

The prices of these jewels went up since making the video, but there is a crafting guide in the video.

You also want a unique abyss jewel

and a magic abyss jewel for Bubonic Trail.

Tree and jewels

Tree

We are Elementalist, and in the ascendancy to get Bastion of Elements (defenses), Shaper of Storms (damage), Mastermind of Discord (exposure), and Heart of Destruction (AoE).
Forbidden Flame and Flesh allocate Forbidden Power, which boosts our AoE and lets us generate Power Charges.

We grab all the jewel sockets along the way.
We get damage, life, life recoup, and crit in the Witch area, where we socket Brutal Restraint with The Traitor.
We path to the top of the tree, and grab Power Charges, crit, and life/ES wheels on both sides of the tree.
Ethereal Feast on the right of the tree with the instant leech mastery results in good recovery as we leech both life and ES.
We grab Pain Attunement with the life/ES wheel.

Jewels

Forbidden Flame and Flesh are used to allocate Forbidden Power.

For cluster jewels, you want 8 max nodes large jewels to increase the amount of jewel sockets you can have.
Cluster jewels with Sadist for damage (we shock and ignite) + Prismatic Heart to help us cap resistances are a great choice. Make sure to have both Doryani's Lesson for leech, and Master of Fire for exposure.

You also want a medium cluster jewel with Towering Threat and Vast Power for AoE and life. All these notables also boost Bastion of Elements.

Brutal Restraint of Balbala gives us The Traitor.
Make sure to get one that grants Onslaught on Kill, as this is a huge buff for mapping.

PoB

I am leaving my current PoB alongside a cheaper PoB version of the build.

Current level 96 PoB: https://pobb.in/YI3y8xQM1Omz
Cheap PoB (Annihilating Light, NO Ashes of the Stars, cheaper abyss gear, etc.): https://pobb.in/cdXJyPVH0UH5

I often play new builds live on my stream if you want to check them out, and you can drop by my stream any time you want to ask questions :)
https://www.twitch.tv/maude034
(Wednesday to Saturday, 5 PM CEST, Sunday sometimes)
Last edited by Maude034 on Jun 29, 2023, 8:45:21 AM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2023, 11:51:48 AM
Thanks for sharing, this looks very fun!
The video link is wrong though, it's not the right build I think.
"
thomzon wrote:

Thanks for sharing, this looks very fun!
The video link is wrong though, it's not the right build I think.

Thank you very much for pointing this out to me! It's fixed now.
Great build!
3.22?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info