Asmongold's full and honest Diablo 4 review

LINK for those interested.
Streaming Path of Exile on Twitch: Twitch.tv/ActionRPGs

“There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” ―Oscar Wilde
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2023, 3:58:02 AM
Prefixing some of your work with “honest” is a great way to make the rest of your work look dishonest.
Removed.
Streaming Path of Exile on Twitch: Twitch.tv/ActionRPGs

“There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” ―Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Exhumer1 on Jun 25, 2023, 3:00:27 AM
Wrong forum, also nobody asked about mr grease hairs opinion.
You could link every "honest" review of a random streamer and it would have just the same little meaning.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 25, 2023, 4:19:55 AM
asmongold is the strongest warrior of world of warcraft, from a time, when it mattered. a game recommended by the strongest warrior of the universe, chuck norris

by respecting his honest opinion, i am entitled to my honest opinion

although i didnt really find that video super interesting..dark and darker with mcconnell and graycen was hillarious 🤣

remember when mccool thought they were shooting him intentionally and it turned out he just moved into the arrows as they were shooting them ? xD

this guy is funny as fuck

but those were just small moments of long videos.. i wasn't able to re-watch them, because they sounded too stressed out the entire time (._. )

also why are you on the forums if you don't want to be seeing other people's opinions ? very bizarre. i mean no offense, because i remember seeing some quality posts from you
"
Blubbey wrote:
asmongold is the strongest warrior of world of warcraft, from a time, when it mattered. a game recommended by the strongest warrior of the universe, chuck norris

also why are you on the forums if you don't want to be seeing other people's opinions ? very bizarre.

Wrong forum in this case cause this is not the wow forum to advertise his meaningless review. Hard to believe that people gush all over this guy just because viewer numbers. Cause again you could watch every other random review and it would have the same meaning lol

Strong in terms of viewer counts probably, strong in terms of being good at the game or any game, definitely not.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
Wrong forum, also nobody asked about mr grease hairs opinion.
You could link every "honest" review of a random streamer and it would have just the same little meaning.

lol
this is OFF TOPIC, you know... for topics not related to POE.

why you wanna gatekeep so hard?

if you found it irrelevant to you, you can just skip this post rather than bothering to comment on it.

also whats with the mr grease hair's comment? how did he hurt you? you seem so salty.

there are things i disagree with asmon but theres a lot of things i agree with him too. but so far i dont see the need to attack him with a mean name like that.
[Removed by Support]
I like asmond, but find it funny when he talks about poe. He has mirror gear at like lvl 80 (non ssf) and cant break lvl 92.

Also when he talks about lost ark, dude is pure rmt and got carried in every raid.

His opinion of d4 is the same, a slighty above avg player thinking they have the answers.
Haven't played D4 so I can't comment, but I heard him saying he thought expedition content should be substituted out because he doesn't like interacting with it and he'd rather be able to "blast through". Can't say I agree, I think expedition is pretty good and fairly easy to interact with. A little strange that he listed metamorph as an alternate good form of content. Metamorph has a very similar interaction time as expedition so I don't really understand the point but I guess everyone is entitled have to their honest opinion.

(Funnily enough, I watched some of the footage from exilecon, C.W. talked about being able to open all expedition remnants at once, and also being addicted to watching Asmongold videos. Perhaps these full and honest reviews carry more weight than we know. I hope this change will not block too much content on the atlas for HC players.

While I also agree with him on some of his opinions very generally, his specificity on making changes, particularly when it comes to POE, I completely disagree with. For example, I do agree that the game is overly complicated for players learning the mechanics. I don't agree with oversimplifying the game to improve this.

I listened to him saying corrupted blood should be removed because it is the same as bleed (not true) and defensive layers (I think he mentioned evasion and suppression) should be minimized because there are too many. I don't agree. This game is not simple, that's what makes it interesting, not basing every build off life/armour/resistance. What needs to be improved is the explanation of how these all work to the player. Having to search a wiki and dodge a fake wiki to learn about entropy or diminishing returns is a flawed design. Over simplified numbers that are estimates on the character page is a flawed design. Too much reliance on third party is a hurdle for new players becoming regular players. Not enough basic information is available to players without tabbing out of the game.

I do think he has plays the game enough to have valid opinions, but stating them as unquestionable fact to a horde of minions, that he dictates over doesn't make his views any more relevant than any other one regular player. Particularly when he has financial incentive to voice these views.)
Last edited by Belegur85 on Aug 3, 2023, 6:08:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info