Australia!!!! FTW

Who here...IS AUSTRALIAN!!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Positive Thinking Will Get You A Positive Life
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Last bumped on Dec 21, 2017, 3:39:35 AM
Sigh

Oi oi oi...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Sigh

Oi oi oi...

Any chance someone could explain this to a foreigner? At sporting events or whatever, I hear the "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi" thing, but I mean ... I just don't get it.

Now before you say "Oh, well you don't get it because you're not Australian," bull, LOL. We have all sorts of customs here that I don't get either. I'm used to them, but they still don't make any sense. It would be like a Disney fan defending "Zip a dee doo dah." It's retarded, but they might say "Oh, well you just don't get it."

Is this one of those kinds of things ("Hip hip, HOORAY!")? Maybe just there for the rest of us to wonder why that was the best someone came up with? I mean, I've wondered about this for a long time, but nobody I know over here has the answers to such things.

Or is there some historical significance of which I am unaware?
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on May 28, 2012, 4:01:05 AM
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Sigh

Oi oi oi...

Any chance someone could explain this to a foreigner? At sporting events or whatever, I hear the "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi" thing, but I mean ... I just don't get it.

Now before you say "Oh, well you don't get it because you're not Australian," bull, LOL. We have all sorts of customs here that I don't get either. I'm used to them, but they still don't make any sense. It would be like a Disney fan defending "Zip a dee doo dah." It's retarded, but they might say "Oh, well you just don't get it."

Is this one of those kinds of things ("Hip hip, HOORAY!")? Maybe just there for the rest of us to wonder why that was the best someone came up with? I mean, I've wondered about this for a long time, but nobody I know over here has the answers to such things.

Or is there some historical significance of which I am unaware?

I have no fucking idea. It's a meme, really. We just do it, me ironically, everyone else, painfully enthusiastically.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Oi, oi, oi!
Sunshine coast here.

Combination of an upcoming winter and the fucking rain makes for dreary QLD weather indeed.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
I'm not, but it comes as no great surprise to see who is. Aussies are cool. Live big, like Americans, but without the attitude. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Well I live in Western Australia with my girlfriend (who's an Aussie), but I myself am American. So, I don't think that really counts :P
"
Intertwined wrote:
Well I live in Western Australia with my girlfriend (who's an Aussie), but I myself am American. So, I don't think that really counts :P

Ooh, an import! The girl and I are about the begin that fight...

I got a post card from Australia once. The front had a topless girl on a beach.

I was maybe fifteen at the time. Been my second favorite country ever since.

True story.
I don't have sig :D -- gracy123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info