Cross Contamination -"Complete an Expedition encounter while you are Delirious"

Said challenge from "Cross Contamination" does not complete while my player characters was Delirious. Does not matter if it's permanent Delirium or a Delirium mirror.

e:
---

A bit delayed response. I completed Cross Contamination by defeating a Metamorph while in a Breach instead. It's way easier. Get Metamorph and Breach scarabs and open a Breach when Metamorph is on low life (and inside Breach) to finish it off.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 15, 2023, 4:13:33 PM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2023, 5:55:22 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Someone on reddit suggested it's bad wording and it should complete while having an active shrine buff. I tested that as well and is still does not work.

So i'm wondering if this challenge has incorrect wording or if it's a bug that should be added to the known issues list.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

I'll be posting my own report shortly, but I got this challenge from completing an expedition encounter in a map without a delirium mirror (or any active league mechanics besides Tane) so it's definitely busted.
There's something broken or wrong wording on that one.
I just accidentally completed that challenge by just finishing an Expedition encounter without Delirium or Shrine.
I was surprised when the challenge just pop up when I completed the Expedition, but there was another elite mob, it was either a Rogue Exile or a Beyond monster I'm fighting with mixed up during the encounter.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Thanks for the feedback. I will try to reproduce it and and only run Expeditions without any secondary mechanics.
Will edit my post here to confirm if it worked.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore

I just got the challenge completed... there wasn't delirium on the map or the mirror at all. There was a lightning shrine near the expedition so I started the expedition and grabbed the shrine. Challenge awarded when I finished the expedition with the shrine buff still active on me.

(I only looked online for this because I have Tujen and Danning on my atlas... but I never get either and always get ROG which this expedition was ROG... getting the challenge made me think that there was a bug or memory leak or something which caused both things. But they are probably unrelated. I probably just have bad RNG for which expedition person I get... when I don't get ROG I get gwen... sigh)
Just tried to do this challenge after seeing it in challenges.
Made a map delirious and used expedition scarab to force expedition to map.
After doing that encounter challenge still showed undone.

I guess this has to be bugged...
Perhaps this can at least help or solve the problem with the challenges. Maybe wrong wording or something else I don't know.
Same issue here. Got the challenge completed after doing a Rog encounter in a map with no delirium mirror. For reference, the map was a Tier 8 Flooded Mine. Other active content in the map were an Alva daily mission (all 3 completed), two shrines (both used and expired), a trial of ascendancy (not done), and a crucible forge (not done yet and also immediately adjacent to the expedition encounter). I don't remember how many unearthed chests and remnants I got, but it was fairly average.

Report #: 865,357,883
Same issue with me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info